Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Let's discuss how china.net and advice.com were stolen and who is the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drname

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My God. This guy must be a mad. Stolen so many valuable general domain names: china.net, advice.com, url.com........
Some of them is still using, and some of them will expire 10 years later.

Who can give me a list of the domain name the guy stolen?

The guy should be based in China. He stolen adobe.com in early 2000, and more.
NSI's domain name modification way have serious security problems. The tracking number can be compromised.

The thief stolen the domain name through following way:
1. Modify admin contact of the domain name in NSI through compromised tracking number..
2. Transfer domain name from NSI to dotregistrar.

All his info, including credit card, is counterfeit. But there are many way to trace this guy. I traced this guy at the end of last year, and know this guy.

By the way, I don't think that dotregistrar should deleted those domain names. It is already a disaster for the owners, and it's unfair and illegal to realse those vaulable general word domain names to public. Those domain names should to be restored to the right owner before they are stolen ASAP. However, it's time consuming. Also money consuming.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do you compromise a tracking number? Through spoofing?

What worries me is that a lot of registrars don't have the facility to alert you immediately via email if any contact details are changed. The now defunct Registrars.com used to have that feature. IDRegister has it. I think it should be made mandatory that all registrars provide this feature to their registrants.

I also think that a enhanced registry lock service would be good. Neulevel was talking about this a while back for 'better security'.

Any domain security services out their that can provide domain name surveillance?

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
A very good and reputable hosting company used to "spoof" my email to do the NSI modifications to the DNS so I could host with them. This was 2 years back and they asked my permision to do it. NetSoL was a monoply back then.

I see that it is always NetSoL that has domains stolen - and they are just too big, slow and stupid to change anything. I think even more domains will be stolen soon.

sex.com was stolen useing snail mail, no email or tracking numbers invloved - they just changed the info as the theif asked them "nicely" to.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I get the feeling that the person(s) knows he/they can't get away with it, and it's just a game of one-upmanship between a few people who have grown tired of writing viruses.

DrName,

Good post. Please send me an email and we can discuss this matter further in private. I believe there are angles we can work and succeed.

DrName,

Brujah has posted a good number of the stolen names. I bet he can post all of them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom