Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Link Directory Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEO_Expert

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adding links to free link directory websites will help to increase the (PR) Google PageRank of your website and help boost the rank of your website.
  • Links are a very important part of search engine optimization.
Links and SEO go hand in hand. The more you learn about links and linking to other websites, the more you will learn about SEO. If you are not sure about how to add links to link directories, I would recommend reading more about links and SEO. If you would rather just hire a search engine optimization company or find a SEO expert, I think it would be a worth your while.

Last edited:

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Link directories are proliferating the net and Google is catching on to this trend.

Your SEO efforts should be focused on relevant links as opposed to just links. Relevant links are links that are part of context related to the theme or niche of your site.

Original related content with a link to your site is the right kind of inbound link. Most link directories risk following the same fate as link farms once did, so be careful. Invest your money and time in SEO wisely.

SEO_Expert

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is not what you do; it is how you do it. In terms of SEO, doing the right thing the wrong way, will not help. It is always a good idea to understand what you are doing, before you do it.

As in the case with placing links on websites and link directories, once you place a link, it may not be able to be edited with much ease.

The Leader

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It issue with low PR directories is that unless the page where your link is on is indexed by google then it will have no PR contribution to your site.
Best stick with the high PR directories.

SEO_Expert

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It issue with low PR directories is that unless the page where your link is on is indexed by google then it will have no PR contribution to your site.
Best stick with the high PR directories.

Sorry, but I would have to respectfully disagree with this statement as a whole.

All new websites start with a PageRank of 0 and with proper linking the PageRank will increase, this holds true for new link directory websites as well.

When used properly a link directory web will help to increase the relevancy of the defined keyword phrases for websites.

The purpose of adding back links to free link directory websites is not just to increase the PageRank of a website, but more importantly to optimized relevant keywords and keyword phrases of the websites linked to it.

I started many new link directory websites and the helped with SEO even before they had a Google PageRank of 1.

Some people, and maybe even most people, seem to miss the purpose and potential use or uses of link directory websites. Be careful about what you learn from others and by reading. The best way to know if something is "true" or "not," is by trial and error. I found many methods of test my theories of SEO, so I would advise anyone that is confused or interested about SEO, with the desire to learn more, to try out the things you talk about, before talking about it and not knowing about enough to backup your statements.

SEO_Expert

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can it help anything if it doesn't get indexed?

I alway monitor the status of search engine spiders, including GoogleBot.

By linking new link directory websites to exsisting link directory websites, and other websites, they get exposed to search engine spiders then crawled and indexed.

New link directory websites can be just as effective as link directory websites that have a high PageRank, this goes along with my point of; "it is not what you do, it is how you do it." (in regards to adding links to websites and link directory websites to optimize keyword phrases for websites.)

Last edited:

SEO_Expert

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To help getting these webpages indexed would you consider having a 'sitemap' for them?

Yes, a sitemap should be considered, but it would not be required or necessary

A site map can make allow search engine spiders the ability to more efficiently crawl website,

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators