Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Looking for feedback from Czech, Slovakian, and USA (flag hybrid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to design a hybrid flag of (in order of importance), Czech Republic, Slovakia, and USA.

Here are the three in that order:
http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/...c/?action=view&current=czech-slovakia-usa.jpg

This is what I came up with:
http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o86/draggardevir/ucsvc/?action=view&current=one.jpg

This is for a project run in the USA but heavily influenced by Czech Republic and Slovakia.

Thoughts on this? Would it be offensive to a significant number of people?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's a logical hybrid, although the coat of arms feels odd being on the right side.

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like way you've joined them. Vectorize it, and should be great. Any more info about the project?
btw, I am from Slovakia, now live in Prague, and part of my family lives in US, hah

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a logical hybrid, although the coat of arms feels odd being on the right side.

Yeah, it does look odd but if it was in the center there would be too much activity.

I like way you've joined them. Vectorize it, and should be great. Any more info about the project?
btw, I am from Slovakia, now live in Prague, and part of my family lives in US, hah

This is my first "graphic project" (if you call it that). Vectorize it? Is this something I could do in Photoshop or Illustrator? Any suggestions on what to do?

I guess you have a perspective from both ends (Czech Republic and Slovakia) - do you think either side would find it offensive (I know modifying a country's flag could be offensive to a lot of people if done wrong - just imagine someone putting the Union Jack (UK flag) in the field of blue in the US flag.

The project involves your national breed - I've been volunteered to form the "United Czechoslovakian Vlack Club" which will be the national (USA) breed club for UKC (United Kennel Club)- yes, we have two vlcaks in our home and they're wonderful (one is from the first litter born in the USA and was the only female in that litter - the other was imported from Hungary).

BTW - I have a 2009 Slovakian 2 euro coin, it's a nice piece (1989 - 2009).

Last edited:

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, you probably know what is the difference between vector and bitmap graphics. simply, while in bitmap is each pixel defined by hexa color (in some resolution), vector has nothing to do with resolution, because its defined by some kind of mathematic formula. so it is scalable with no limitations. illustrator its the right tool to do it, or personally I use corel. If you need help, just PM me, maybe I could help you with this.

I don't find it offensive in any way, while it is used for project you've mentioned. I don't really know if there is any problem with law, about country flag symbols, but for me, its fine.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems that I have been receiving a little bit of flack over the flag.

Not from Czech people, not from Slovaks, but from Americans. Generally people in Europe are warm to the graphic - it's Americans that have the issue with it, some citing US flag code (and if you go by that then *many* customs that are considered patriotic are against the code).

I may actually scrap this graphic (too bad, too, I kinda like it) but I will definitely use the 3 flags next to each other as one.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Didn't crazy Henry Kissinger propose the idea of convergence:
US & USSR adopt each others worst features.

And by the way, the Czechs and Slovaks decided they can't stand each other. It's as if the Confederacy won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom