Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Lowest Domain Registration Fee !

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kaveh

Hi All ,

Which Company Has The Lowest Price For Domain Registration (com,net,org,biz,info)?
I Know www.Onlinenic.com... What About U ?

Please Write Me

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Kaveh Neman.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Price wars put people out of business who only compete on the basis of price. If you compete on the basis of service, quality and support, you are much more resistant to price competition.

I use OpenSRS -- I pay a little bit more, but I was able to reach a reseller tech support person today with a tricky issue for one of my client's domains, and they picked up the phone on the 2nd ring, and handled the issue in minutes. One can't say that about all registrars, though.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Right George. Though I wonder why NetSol can get away with charging $35 a domain? Surely it isn't their superior quality and support. It must be that the vast majority perceive NetSol to have superior quality and support, which is probably all that matters to the bottom line.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Although I am not TUCOWS fan (yes, too expensive!) - I should say they have very good successful rate while transferring domains away from Netsol. This is not easy at all, as Netsol is not co-operative in transfer-away issues. I read tucows resellers forum sometimes... Tucows itself sent paper mails to icann/etc regarding netsol's inappropriate transferaway practice and enclosed lists of domains they had failed to transfer. I had to transfer a domain away from Netsol on behalf of my friend, Netsol rejected it many times with all my registrars... I finally spent $15 to one of tucows resellers, the guy from reselling company even phoned netsol on my behalf a few times to process the request. It was not convinient for me to phone myself as I am not in USA and it is not toll-free for me...
Also, reading tucows resellers forum, I learned that many tucows resellers are satisfied, not going to leave and consider cheap enom and their resellers as one of "enemies" who disrupt their business.
Anyway I would NOT pay any company 10 or more per domain/year for "regular" domains and renewals... I have hundreds of domains and I am able to receive what I need much cheaper... I hope tucows will finally change their pricing as we need a good competitor to enom :)

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think OLN at $6.69 are about the cheapest realistic price for a domain reg. I understand that the bulk registrars pay $6 per year, so 69 cents doesn't leave a lot to pay for their service. Anything less is going to put the company at risk.

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotRegistrar and Directi both have volume reseller pricing as low as $6.49. But we are talking volume here like 1000 domains.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgeK Price wars put people out of business who only compete on the basis of price. If you compete on the basis of service, quality and support, you are much more resistant to price competition. I use OpenSRS -- I pay a little bit more, but I was able to reach a reseller tech support person today with a tricky issue for one of my client's domains, and they picked up the phone on the 2nd ring, and handled the issue in minutes. One can't say that about all registrars, though.

OpenSRS is 1/3 higher on their WHOLESALE price vs RETAIL at other firms. Isn't it amazing they still say they are a wholesaler?

I have asked them many times for a lower price but they refuse, saying their technology and good support is worth the extra money. LOL.

Now thinking about closing my opensrs reseller account as 1/3 less cost on 1,000 names is a lot of money - $3,000 savings!

Can anyone here suggest a new firm where I could open a new reseller acct and transfer all my names to it and get a price of approx' $7? Also easy to use control panel, no extra fees, no cost changes, including nameserver changes, free ownership changes, and registrar transfers, etc. Thanks.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like using 000Domains.com. They charge $13.50, but if you want a company to stick around longterm, sometimes paying that extra is worth it.

RMF

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I pay $10 at OpenSRS and say that's way too much. You pay $13.50, almost double what you can get elsewhere.

Hard to believe established firms like Enom and GoDaddy may go out of business due to their low fees.

OpenSRS has a 40% profit margin selling at $10 and paying $6. 40% is a lot. Food Supermarkets only make 1% or 2% they claim but they make good profits. Why does OpenSRS need a 40% profit margin?

uuallan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

OpenSRS has a 40% profit margin selling at $10 and paying $6. 40% is a lot. Food Supermarkets only make 1% or 2% they claim but they make good profits. Why does OpenSRS need a 40% profit margin?

Do you really think that the ONLY cost registrars have is the cost of the domain? There are yearly fees to each of the organizations whose domains they are selling, there are also server fees, Internet access fees, rent, employees salaries, marketing, and all of the costs usually associated with running a business. When supermarkets say they have a 1%-2% profit, it is after all these costs are counted. In addition, a single grocery store generally does several $million in revenue a year, and chains do $billions in revenue. That's why most most mom and pop grocery stores have been replaced: Unless you have $billions in revenue trying to survive on 1%-2% margin is very difficult.

Frankly, I have trouble believing that GoDaddy makes any significant profit, and I am sure enom was not making a profit, that's why they did away with reseller accounts less than $8.95 (unless you happen to have $7k that you can send to them).

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good points you made but I still feel a 40% spread between what they pay and their "wholesale" price is too much.

Their so called wholesale price is 1/3 more than retail pricing of some others. That's absurd. How can they call themselves wholesalers?

Much of their operation is likely computerized and automated requiring lower overhead, expenses, and light staffing vs most other industries so 40% seems very excessive.

Does anyone know the best rate for a reseller elsewhere? Anyone know why GoDaddy formed a seperate firm named Wild West Domains for its cut-rate reseller operation? It seems odd they did that.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cheap-domainregistration.com

I never had a time when i needed support and they have not responded within 20 minutes. $8 domain registration, clear, easy control panel, etc. Try em out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom