Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Making a video site. Can you use youtube videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertsz

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I read the youtube site in regard to embedding videos within a website. Am I able to take a video off youtube and place it on my site? Are there any certain rules of thumb? I wasnt sure if there was any gray area to consider.

vivid

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are some restrictions. One of the interesting points is that you can't use youtube videos for "the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of an ad-enabled blog or website containing Content delivered via the Service, unless other material not obtained from YouTube appears on the same page and is of sufficient value to be the basis for such sales.". Per my understanding, this means that when you want to monetize a page with their video embedded, you should provide something more useful to a visitor than just this video.

You can check there terms of service for more details.

robertsz

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you think that an adsense banenr would be considered (advertising)?

vivid

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't say for sure what Google would consider in this case, but I would answer Yes to be on the safe side. Anyway, this policy matches the Adsense one in terms of content quality guidelines, so it's better to add some original content.

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no problem.
http://ps4videos.com uses their videos. The best thing is that it is easy to use for people and has very little affect on your server bandwidth and space.

Charles Harmon

Travel Quiz Weekly | UiiR - Nostalgia Comics
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope there is no TOS problems using youtube videos and also having AdSense on the same page. I have lots of pages on different sites doing just that. But in each case there is other content on the page related to the videos.

And let me just say that if Google doesn't like it they will shut off the AdSense and won't tell you why. It's happened to two of my sites and those sites did not have youtube videos on them. I still have not got either site reinstated. So far, I've spent untold hours trying to find the problems on one of them. I gave up after two tries of getting it reinstated. So I created another site and moved about 150 of the same articles over to the new site and have had no problems since then over a year ago. It has AdSense on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators