Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed McDonnalds.Com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, a Big McLawsuit

I

InvisibleBabe

lawsuit Yes, a Big McLawsuit

lawsuit
----------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

Thanks for your views, why would McDonalds want to sue McDonnalds? The two names are spelt differently. Being that McDonnalds is not the same as McDonalds, McDonnalds has not done anything wrong?

If McDonalds arn't happy about it then they should hire staff who know how to do their jobs properly. How many people if they owned a zillion dollar company wouldn't have bought every domain name extention relating to the company? AND...taken into account the amount of clients who may have dyslexia. :eek:

Take the word minuet...correct spelling minute. How many people have typed in the domain name www.LastMinuet.com? Thousands!

Now boys...if your opinions have changed I'll understand that you too must have made the same spelling mistake.

If the ship goes down with www.McDonnalds.Com then it looks like www.McDonnalds.Co.UK will also be in deep waters. ;)

I think you should spend some time looking at udrp results, mcdonnalds.com is "confusingly similar" to the world famous mcdonalds tm - which is just as bad as it being identical for udrp purposes.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Thanks for your views, why would McDonalds want to sue McDonnalds? The two names are spelt differently. Being that McDonnalds is not the same as McDonalds, McDonnalds has not done anything wrong?

If McDonalds arn't happy about it then they should hire staff who know how to do their jobs properly. How many people if they owned a zillion dollar company wouldn't have bought every domain name extention relating to the company? AND...taken into account the amount of clients who may have dyslexia. :eek:

Take the word minuet...correct spelling minute. How many people have typed in the domain name www.LastMinuet.com? Thousands!

Now boys...if your opinions have changed I'll understand that you too must have made the same spelling mistake.

If the ship goes down with www.McDonnalds.Com then it looks like www.McDonnalds.Co.UK will also be in deep waters. ;) [/B]

You could leave those words to WIPO judges while they come to you someday:D

Good luck

oh, and pointing the domain to burger king is just about the dumbest thing you could ever do with the domain.

I

InvisibleBabe

It was a temporary error, thanks for noticing it...it's now in the process of being redirected to......dnforum.com :cool:

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
InvisibleBabe where are you?

Oh there you are--pointing it to BurgerKing shows bad intentions in the eyes of the law--safesys correct me if I'm wrong--but that is the type of thing that is viewed as asking for trouble.

It may sound harsh but these guys know there stuff and are trying to help you.

hell yeah, its as a cast iron way to seal bad faith and lack of legitimate interest in one swoop.

pointing it to dnforum is no better either.

I

InvisibleBabe

Hello NameProper!

What a lovely first encounter ;), It was just an error? Something to spice up your juices a little. The domain name had formerly been directed somewhere else, not food related. The great news is.... www.McDonnalds.com is now redirected right here! DNFORUMS...if dnforums are not interested then offers for redirection to any other websites are open!

the only thing you need to do now is call them and offer it for $10 million. :D

I

InvisibleBabe

Safesys!

Lets not argue on our first date...what do you think should be done? Contact McDonalds get down on my knees and beg forgiveness then handover the domain? Or...leave it be to RIP in cyber space? What would you do Dear Safesys?

I

InvisibleBabe

Snoopy!

Where have you been all my life? I like a man or woman with? Take away the foot and you've got b.... :cool:!

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
O for the days when we were simply referred to as 'You horndog' :)

I

InvisibleBabe

Don't attack each other; personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We also take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectively and thoughtfully.
------------------------------------------------

Hey Uncle!

Are my eyes seeing things or have you just taken a magic pill? A few moments ago you were in here attacking snoopy...what you said wasn't very nice! Glad to see you've finally woken up. :rolleyes:

------------------------------------------------

Fizz how ya doing? "Horndog" was never a word in my vocabulary...it was simply dog :D

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
donate the domain to someone with the McDonnald surname -- there are plenty.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Uncle!

Are my eyes seeing things or have you just taken a magic pill? A few moments ago you were in here attacking snoopy...what you said wasn't very nice! Glad to see you've finally woken up.

I was NOT attacking Snoopy. I was referring to you, of course. when I was writing my post, snoopy must have posted his message. these things happen

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is anybody else hungry now besides me? I could go for a 20 piece Chicken McNugget's with some barbecue sauce--super sized fries--and a chocolate shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom