Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed mdk.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems to be the name of a Sony computer game, and is trademarked as such. If you can get around this legal obstacle, I guess it's pretty valuable. Even without the corporate tie-in, this is a solid three-letter domain...a great vanity acquisition for a company with these initials.

Vanity: $10-$40K

Sony(minus TM issue): don't know how popular the game is, if it's still being marketed, etc. You'd have to research this more closely. If you had an offer from them.

Miles

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I see from Google that it is over 487,000 - not as much as I thougt, but some gameing sites mentioned. In the 70s MDK was a computer peripheral company if I remember correctly.

No idea about value - but go high or hold it till you figure out a great 3 word combination to go with it.

http://mdkauctions.hypermart.net/
Chicken Feed ;)

@ perfectnames.com 199$
names like this are meaningless...
the only hope is to find another fool....

Originally posted by Don Giovanni
@ perfectnames.com 199$
names like this are meaningless...
the only hope is to find another fool....

Not all 3-letter names @ perfectnames.com are $199. Not all 3-letters are created equally.

krisblade

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will try with an affiliate program selling MDK 1 and 2 (the PS2, PC, Sega, game) strategy guides, CDs, etc. to use the traffic the name gets daily, most of them are gamers (fans of the MDK videogame).

It seems that there will be a MDK 3 too, so, maybe I just have to wait a little :)

keep replying to your post with non-sense..brings your post from the bottom of the barrel....people here are smarter than that
this strategy will not bring any more value....mdk has no significant meaning...other than hardly known game..and is hard to say emdikei...would you repeat that?
199.00 US

i'd be careful of potential tm infringement if you do that.

Shiny entertainment have a tm on "mdk" for "computer programs for video games and computer games featuring action, adventure and science fiction themes and instructional manuals sold as a unit with the games. " Registration Number 2155407

i'd expect mdk to be reasonably common initials as they are all strong letters (unlike the likes of q,v or z) - a search on google for "+mdk -game -gaming -konami" still brings up 131k results across all kinds of industries.

krisblade

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mmmm, take it easy Don, I am not trying to add any value to this domain, not that desperate :)

I use to share ideas with another members, and in order to not repeat threads I just use the ones I have already started with the same subject. This is not some kind of "strategy"... (at least you´re very new and you get surprised for anything) :)

About trying to sell this name, that´s not the point, I already got offers for that "3-letter-nonsense" :) but before I take any action I always read what other colleagues think.

BTW, nice posts Don, all of them full of respect ;)

Buona sera

krisblade

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys
i'd expect mdk to be reasonably common initials as they are all strong letters (unlike the likes of q,v or z) - a search on google for "+mdk -game -gaming -konami" still brings up 131k results across all kinds of industries.

Thanks for the info safesys :)

I will keep that on mind

Right now the best offer I got is NOT for money, but for another top domain. If you remember I sold HostingService.com for a few thousands plus mdk.com, now another company wants to offer me a very similar deal. Once I close the deal, I will share the info with the members :)

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2-5k easy ... GL with the name. Pulls up some great search results. Don, creep back into your hole...ignorant and obnoxious newbies are not wanted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom