Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Message For DrWho

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ebiznetsolutions

I don't understand why you and others always appraise domains at $0. There is no point, other then to be ignorant. There is NO domain name that is worth $0! Domain names are worth whatever the buyer will pay for them and they will pay more than $0, therefore makes it more than $0. Why don't you stop and think before you automatically reply to an ad with $0!

I don't know if you get a kick just typing $0 or what, but how about we try to use some common sense and our brains before we reply back with a $0, as it is worth something, just not $0!

Individuals come here to post their domain names and to get an honest response, they don't come here to see a bunch of $0s! So stop being immature and give them a real appraisal!

I give your appraisals a thumb down, just like you always give to everyone! Stop and think before you reply to someone!

Domain summit 2024

tripstar

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
some DN's are worth $0, to some! you must learn, like I and many others here have, to be tolerant and to not take everything at face value.
appraise my DN's, please. if you think they're worth $0, like others here, just say so!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not taking sides, but let's take one of my domains - PhileGallery.com - as an example.

I've posted it for auction both right here and on anther webmaster forum, starting at $6 with NO RESERVE. Results? Not even ONE bid was offered!!

Then I put it up for DNF$ auction, starting DNF$60 (i.e. about 90 cents). And guess what? The only bid I almost got was withdrawn!!

So will you guys tell me how much is PhileGallery.com worth? Thanks.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Message For DrWho"

WHY does this thread even exist here in the APPRAISALS section?? Waste of bandwidth, if you ask me. Pettiness.
Good Luck.

E

ebiznetsolutions

It exsists here, because too my knowledge this is the section where DrWho and others always post $0 for appraisals, therefore it would be an appropriate section to put it, don't you think?

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ebiznetsolutions
It exsists here, because too my knowledge this is the section where DrWho and others always post $0 for appraisals, therefore it would be an appropriate section to put it, don't you think?

NO, I don't!
I think we need a moderator here ... QUICKLY!! :)
Thanks and Good Luck.

E

ebiznetsolutions

I'm not trying to be rude, just sick and tired of going through the threads and seeing all of the $0s, which are uncalled for. The appraisals should be based off the market, and not what you personally feel it's worth. Professional appraisers don't just tell someone $0, they give a price based on the criteria with length, type of domain, etc.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
... and not what you personally feel it's worth.

Wrong! One comes here to seek appraisals for free, and one receives an appraisal for free based on what the appraiser personally feels it is worth (based on that appraiser's feelings of the domain, and/or their experience, etc.). It is all very subjective, and free! :)
Good Luck.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Again not taking sides, ebiznetsolutions. I guess this thread would be less offensive if you change it to a more general subject like "Message For $0 Appraisers" or something like that.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
Again not taking sides, ebiznetsolutions. I guess this thread would be less offensive if you change it to a more general subject like "Message For $0 Appraisers" or something like that.

Nope. I'm not saying that, either! The thread should be entitled with the domain name to be appraised ... and then appraised. That's it, in my opinion.
Good Luck.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be rude, just sick and tired of going through the threads and seeing all of the $0s, which are uncalled for. The appraisals should be based off the market, and not what you personally feel it's worth. Professional appraisers don't just tell someone $0, they give a price based on the criteria with length, type of domain, etc.

You are being rude. Perhaps you would like to PM DrWho isntead.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a couple domains I can't even sell for $3 (and I've tried). What would you consider the value of these?

I usually agree that there are too many $0 appraisals on domains that are worth at least reg fee or could sell for $15 on eBay, but some domains simply stink for resale purposes.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>-RJ-: I have a couple domains I can't even sell for $3 (and I've tried).

Do you mind flashing them a bit or we might swap names here (my PhileGallery.com, I mean). Thanks.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are far too many $0s and $10s given out for names that easily belong in the hundreds somewhere, and sometimes even higher...

...but definitely not the names posted by the person who started this thread. Those are real, solid, actual, honest-to-goodness $0 names.

schmidte

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One man's junk is another man's treasure!!!

When I see a $0 appraisial, that just tell's me that that particular apprasier would not of regged that domain name. When I see the domain names with bids on ebay it gives me confidence that even crappy names have someone out there who likes it.

I think a $0 appraisial should be accompanied by an explanation, and most are pretty good about that, others probably don't have a reason other than the name just didn't appeal to them at the time.

Maybe instead of giving $0's, put no appraisial, and then give the owner some suggestions on how that name might be used.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by schmidte
One man's junk is another man's treasure!!!

Maybe instead of giving $0's, put no appraisial, and then give the owner some suggestions on how that name might be used.

THAT is what I typically try to do ... give the owner some suggestions, and pitfalls to avoid when registering domains. However, beginning a thread here in the APPRAISALS section to complain about "$0.00 appraisals" and targeting a specific member (DrWho) is just wrong, in my opinion!
Good Luck.

mastmnds

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hey ebiz i dont like the appriasals eith but since you are a newbie to this forums you cant really say much drwho has given me 40 plus thunmbs up on some appraisals also one more thing why care what he has to say?

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If someone gives a $0 appraisal that's their opinion - if you post asking for opinions you have to live with it.

If you have an issue with Drwho or anyone else I suggest you do the gentlemanly thing and speak to them about it first rather than doing it this way.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think some niche names are very difficult to value, and a couple of mine are good examples. If you don't know that New Haw is a reasonably prosperous London commuter area, then newhaw.com doesn't mean much. Equally femfem.com is a fetish domain and is difficult to value. I suspect both have values in excess of $100 but only in small specific markets, and therefore are likely to get $0 values here. It is the responsibility of the name owner to do the research to help in sales, but it is handy to get some advice on this board in case you've missed the obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom