Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed MetalGearSolid3.com & MGS3.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you guys think these names are worth. I acquired MetalGearSolid3.com the moment it expired.

Incase you weren't aware, Metal Gear Solid is a video gaming series, widely regarded as the most revolutionary stealth-em-up to have been released. Its popularity is astounding. Currently, MGS3 hasn't been announced (the third in the series, as 2 are already on the shelves), although the announcement is expected to be made imminently. Feedback would be appreciated, especially from gaming enthusiasts.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If your ignore the Trademark and don't get asked for it - then it may get type ins when the game comes out on the Playstation
- Or Sell the game through a affiliate when it comes out, but get the domain in the search engines now ;)

The developers, Konami, are notoriously relaxed about domain name issues. The same situation arose on the domain metalgearsolid2.com, which is in possession by a third party. Konami took no action on the respective party, due to the fact that MGS2 related issues are handled on their official website, Konami.com. As far as type-ins are concerned, at this preliminary stage in its development, it already obtains around 50 unique visitors on a daily basis. I also believe a large number of this traffic is dynamic.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, if Konami doesn't go after these names, you've got a tiny gold mine on your hands.

What I would do is find a good affiliate that sells PS2 software, and set up a virtual storefront. You should be able to make some money from the type-in traffic. And when the release of MGS3 approaches you should expect daily type-ins in the thousands.

However (and I am not sure about this), I have heard that there will not be a MGS3, or that at least it's not planned for development now. I think Kojima himself said this. But I doubt that this will be the case given the immense popularity of the first two.

I am not familiar enough with games to be a gauge for you, however if the popularity of the product is high you should see some action, but if I were in your shoes, I would gain the advice of an attorney specific to this field just to help cover your bases!
Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom