Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed miamiamglouglou.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenchie

:razz:

I hope this is a very clear international language

F

Frenchie

When somobody is going to eat some good food, he says "miamiam", of course (I hope everywhere in the world)

When somobody is going to drink some good beverage, he says "glouglou", of course (I hope everywhere in the world)

Thus, a good company selling food & drinks on the net cannot find any better domain name than MiamiamGlouglou.com !

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thus, a good company selling food & drinks on the net cannot find any better domain name than MiamiamGlouglou.com !

Frenchie, I am afraid you have finally snapped! :)

Originally posted by Frenchie
When somobody is going to eat some good food, he says "miamiam", of course (I hope everywhere in the world)

When somobody is going to drink some good beverage, he says "glouglou", of course (I hope everywhere in the world)

I am a part of the North American culture and the Balkan culture, and I live in the most multi-cultural city in the world (Toronto). I have never heard of anything like this.

If I've misses the joke, my apologies.

Miles

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid it's no joke Miles! I checked WhoIs - he actually registered it. Frenchie your friends are concerned about you. Seriously, you need to seek help! :)

I did a little Yahoo search on "glou glou" and "miamiam"...seems they are exclusively French terms, without a wider international, translingual usage like "rendevous" or "c'est la vie."

But hey...if you did register it...well...good luck.

Miles

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did a little Yahoo search on "glou glou" and "miamiam"...seems they are exclusively French terms, without a wider international, translingual usage like "rendevous" or "c'est la vie."

Well, that does lessen my concern about Frenchie. If the terms are meaningful in the great nation of France then the name could be worth having. Nothing wrong with aiming to serve that market.

But tell me Frenchie, is a .com of more interest to businesses in France than .fr?

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Frenchie
:razz:

I hope this is a very clear international language

I ve said this domain outloud many many times and I can tell you two things:
My kitty came and my gf thought I was practicing a hog call.

Thus, I can only think of an animal farm with animals making these noises.

BUt if the combo has a meaning in French then the French will build a nice eatery on this site. The rest of the world may come to see the petting zoo and end up eating the residents.

Just my.02 euro err cents.

F

Frenchie

I hoped it was comprehensible in any culture, but unfortunately, it was not.
Even in French, miamiamglouglou is a kind of onomatopea, funny and childy, but sympathetic and very understandable.
But what about our French speaking Canadian friends ?

About .fr, it is quite strictly used for internal market. French companies of some size prefer .com, or eventually get both.

F

Frenchie

Sie haben recht ! Das ist wunderbare schön, eine neue möglichkeit...

I have to admit, this domain has been in my thoughts today, and I've kind of grown to like it. It has a sort of weird, cutesy, foreign children's cartoon character poetry to it: "Miamiamglouglou.com."

If you could pitch/brand it in just the right way...perhaps a site for European export foods (all those expensive little jars you seen in upscale urban food stores)...a snob site for New Yorkers who fancy themselves as international gormands...maybe, just maybe...

Miles

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Namethink
I have to admit, this domain has been in my thoughts today, and I've kind of grown to like it. It has a sort of weird, cutesy, foreign children's cartoon character poetry to it: "Miamiamglouglou.com."

...maybe, just maybe...

Miles

If we could pitch in to learn how to spell it........... and remember ten minutes later... maybe....just maybe.....

OKay (Mia x2 + M) + (Glou x2) + MiaMiaMGlouGlou.com

Frenchie where is my commission? LOL

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cute name. Get the .biz version also :)

F

Frenchie

It's good when few other people, maybe at the other side of the planet, feel something like you about a name, let's say about your "creation" (some names are really like an artistic creation) ... then, you know that you are not completely wrong ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators