Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Minor whois changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the purpose for the slight changes to whois records on expireds? Seems like it happens routinely on long overdue names. Like the addition of US on an address, the seperation of the area code on a phone number or the addition of a company name.

Might this be a method of extending an expiration without payment for renewal? The expiration date never changes. Some of these have expired over a year ago. I've seen more than 50 of these recently. I know they have nothing to do with correcting an error as the changes result in no material difference.

Hmmm?

Domain summit 2024

It is just simple, typical NSI incompetence. They persist in maintaining a focus on irrelevant elements of record keeping while allowing domain thefts through massive security holes and clinging to long overdue expired domains that remain in limbo.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
speaking of which, have there been any more recent thefts that you are aware of?

H

hyperi0n

I have noticed this too. I have been tracking a name for some time now which was listed to expire about 2 months ago. A couple of days ago it actually had the line...

"Domain Status : Delete Pending"

I was get all excited but just as quick as that line appeared it vanished again. Now I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators