Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Monster Development Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorag

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm going to fire this up here to see what you guys think, any response appreciated!

I'm in the process of developing a custom Micro job "gig" application, I have a selection of several domains I can use for the final site, however, one of the domains I would like to use contains the word "monster". After a quick Google I don't see any suits from monster.com, other than those from Monster Cable.

Are all monster related domain names at risk of being chased by any of these two, (even a music related site which I was going to develop for the domain in question).

Any thoughts..

zorag

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What the hell is a gig application?

A "gig" is another hip word for a "job".. a term recently derived by coders to describe employment or freelance work, now also used by Micro jobs sites like Fiverr.com (which is gaining in popularity).

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

zorag

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, the younger generation!

Yup! a gig is a gig. In my day it was a music concert "I suppose it still is". The bands I played with referred to it as a gig.. but we didn't always get paid, sometimes the payment was a crate of lager. Just as well really because we would have drank or smoked it anyway :)

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are all monster related domain names at risk of being chased by any of these two, (even a music related site which I was going to develop for the domain in question).

I think the content of the site will put that domain at risk. It's hard to say. This might be one for a lawyer.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would not even chance it. I am with South didn't know what it meant :)

zorag

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monster is a well know "job" board. You'd do well to steer clear.

On another note...for a while I worked as a draftsman through an agency. The agency was called a "flesh peddler" or "job shop." I thought it was funny at the time.

Lol Flesh Peddler - excellent!

Okay I think it's a rap on the job front, it's definitely too close to the dreaded Monster group. But for the music industry it could be used as a Gig directory or a ticket selling site. I can't see how there could be a conflict of interest there, it's the music industry..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators