Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

names dropping 24 hours after expiry date why????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMdomains.com

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

Please can someone tell me when my name that had a expiry date of 09/28/2002 was registered by someone else 24 hours later. I was not given any grace period. Can anyone confirm there is and what the grace period is. I have names registered with enom/tucows and they give me at least a couple of weeks. But stargate just decide to let the name drop 24 hours after the expiry date.If i have taken for a sucker is there any legal avenue i can go down?

This is the email i got
???????????????.com expires on 9/28/2002. Failure to register ??????????????.com prior to the expiration date of 9/28/2002, will result in the loss of the domain name.

I then do a whois and see this.

Domain Name: ????????????????.COM

Administrative Contact:
//////////////////////////
///////////////////////
////////////////////////

Technical Contact:
//////////////////////////
////////////////////////////
//////////////////////////////

Record expires on 09-30-2003
Record created on 09-30-2002

your honest comments would be most welcomed.

cheers
Martin
www.mmdomains.com

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I knew you were talking about stargate before I read your whole post. They actually drop the the the minute it expires. I almost lost names from them...I don't use them anymore.

I don't think you can do anything. I DO believe ICANN set forth a mandatory 30 day grace period, (not sure its in effect yet)but to fight will take bucks!!

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
StarGate is the only registrar I know of that does that. They are within the rules - but it's really bad practice. Grace persiod is zero I'm afraid - now the problem is how to get your domain back.

The 30 day grace period proposal is not yet effective. There is in fact no effective date defined yet.

Any grace period that a registrar does honor today is completely optional.

You let it expire, and you risk losing it. Period. There really is no recourse - legal or otherwise. If someone else now has your domain. the URDP is probably your only legal option.

-t

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never can understand why people wait untiil the last minute, or beyond, to renew their domains. If you want to renew it, then renew it at least a month before its time. By doing that, you avoid having to make posts like this.

RMF

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is the way they delete domains there. However they usually hold the domain in a delete cycle for up to 6 days. I missed a renewal and got one pulled back after 3 days. Cost me $35 bucks plus the renewal.

Like others I don't use them anymore.:mad:

http://DropWizard.Com

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While the immediate-drop is not a good policy in my opinion, I might could forgive Stargate for inconveniences like that. But they raised their prices, and that's a different matter!

I use powerpipe.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>Grace persiod is zero I'm afraid - now the problem is how to get your domain
>back.

Excuse me? What's this "your domain" shit?

Read the contract.

Fail to pay the renewal fee - name is no longer "yours".

Quite likely, if it was any good, it's MINE.

Start claiming it's still "yours" and this whole industry falls apart.

If you consider a name an asset, then start treating it like one and keep payments up to date.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drewbert
>Grace persiod is zero I'm afraid - now the problem is how to get your domain
>back.

Excuse me? What's this "your domain" shit?

Read the contract.

Fail to pay the renewal fee - name is no longer "yours".

Quite likely, if it was any good, it's MINE.

Start claiming it's still "yours" and this whole industry falls apart.

If you consider a name an asset, then start treating it like one and keep payments up to date.

I was talking to MMdomains.com, you didn't object to his calling it "My" domain I see.

MarkyMark

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
10% OF MY DOMAINS AT STARGATE HAS A NO-SHOW EXPIRATION DATE MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO RENEW THEM!!

THEY DONT ACCEPT MY CREDIT CARD WHEN I TRY TO RENEW DOMAINS, I NOW NEED TO FAX SOME CRAZY FORM TO VERIFY MY CREDIT CARD.

WHATS UP??

I CANT FIND THEIR SUPPORT!!!??

ALICE IN WONDERLAND IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THIS!

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MarkyMark
10% OF MY DOMAINS AT STARGATE HAS A NO-SHOW EXPIRATION DATE MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO RENEW THEM!!

THEY DONT ACCEPT MY CREDIT CARD WHEN I TRY TO RENEW DOMAINS, I NOW NEED TO FAX SOME CRAZY FORM TO VERIFY MY CREDIT CARD.

WHATS UP??

I CANT FIND THEIR SUPPORT!!!??

ALICE IN WONDERLAND IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THIS!

Yes I have similar problems, but You don`t need to FAx this form, You can easily email it to them, I did so!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
STARGATE SU*KS, BIGTIME!!!! move, no run to enom, or an enom reseller as FAST as possible, no looking back!

Stargate has

1.DOUBLE BILLED for domains.

2.Registered domains unsuccessfully (you were charged, and were sent an email about the domain being registered, but it is STILL not registered in the system, making it available to others....You would not know this until someone else got it, or if you knew to doule check because STARGATE SUCKS!)

3.Raised Prices! Registering 2 or more is 8.85, registering one is 13.95. How dumb is that! Their main business was speculators. Speculators register ONE at a time! They ran business away.

4.Mail server is overloaded. Can take 20 minutes to check mail on stargate servers.

5.Mail server ia always DOWN. Even for forwarding. Important mail, LOST!!!!!

6. 9.99 for renewals???? Huh? Strangest pricing structure on the net.

The list goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators