Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Nametrack Gone but Detagged carrying on. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PRESS RELEASE - London, 26th September 2002
For immediate release

Our main rival announced yesterday that it had ceased trading. It complained that various changes in Nominet's whois and registration procedures would mean that their "efficiency rate will steadily decline over time".

It also claimed in its press release that it had hitherto enjoyed a 100% record in obtaining tracked names for its customers. This is untrue. Although we only claim a 99% success record for securing SnatchBacked! booked names for our customers, our statistics are based upon fact. We have secured many names for our clients during their period of operation that were also unsuccessfully booked on their now defunct service.

We predicted that this new service would have a very short life and of course, in the event, it lasted less than 1 month. SnatchBack! is a well established and very successful service that has built in safeguards against the factors that made our rival service so patently uncompetitive as of late.

We continue to secure numerous names for our clients and look forward to serving you long into the future.

Harold Watson
CHC Internet

If the Nominet system changes have stopped Nametrack continuing why are Detagged still going?
:confused:

mreeves

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Read other threads in which detagged.co.uk have participated on this board, and i'll leave you to make your mind up whether you think they are a professional and reputable business.

A rather long but revealing thread can be found here. If you don't have a lot of time you could just read this post here.

The statement on our web site is true despite it being called into question by their press release. NameTrack had a *significant* number of customers from this board who I am sure would state examples if it were not. His statement "We have secured many names for our clients during their period of operation that were also unsuccessfully booked on their now defunct service." is a blatant lie.

In addition I would like to point out that the majority of domain names that have been acquired by the SnatchBack! service are domain names which in all probability could have been registered by conventional means upon deletion, whereas NameTrack was going after a lot of high value names.

If you take the list of names they have acquired on their site and remove the ones actually registerd for 'CHC' or 'Chris Holland' who runs detagged.co.uk you are left with sportsline.co.uk, helicopters.co.uk, re-finance.co.uk, bootcamp.co.uk, smartloans.co.uk, therightmove.co.uk, nameforsales.co.uk, ticketsuk.co.uk, netsol.co.uk, theboardroom.co.uk, online-betting.co.uk, and smoothound.co.uk.

NameTrack in contrast acquired for customers (including Genki, Americar, eggbilly, and Zaq amongst others from this board) the following domain names affiliates.co.uk, recipes.co.uk swords.co.uk, alternative.co.uk, journal.co.uk, cellular.co.uk, newspapers.co.uk, rich.co.uk, skill.co.uk, monument.co.uk, chime.co.uk, and winners.co.uk to name just a few!

You make your own mind up.

Regards
Martin
nametrack.co.uk

Wolf

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Martin,

I would guess many people are trusting them because they are members of Nominet. If they are being economical with the truth shouldn't Nominet be informed so they can carry out an investigation and remove their accreditation if found guilty.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to add that I received my refund for my outstanding NameTrack tags very quickly, and in full. Just like at every other point during NameTrack's sadly short-lived service, the customer support provided by Martin and his team has been nothing short of fantastic.

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTE: I have replied to this press release, quoted by Wolf on here, as if it had been posted by detagged/CHC themselves. So no offence to Wolf intended.

Originally posted by Wolf
PRESS RELEASE - London, 26th September 2002
For immediate release

Our main rival announced yesterday that it had ceased trading. It complained that various changes in Nominet's whois and registration procedures would mean that their "efficiency rate will steadily decline over time".

Yes. We know this to be true.

It also claimed in its press release that it had hitherto enjoyed a 100% record in obtaining tracked names for its customers. This is untrue. Although we only claim a 99% success record for securing SnatchBacked! booked names for our customers, our statistics are based upon fact.

I personally think that, given the quality of the names that NameTrack got in comparison to yours, if they had only a 40% success rate it'd be better than your 99% success rate on the names I have seen you list under your successes. :)

We have secured many names for our clients during their period of operation that were also unsuccessfully booked on their now defunct service.

Oh go on. Name *any* prior to Monday 23rd September 2002. :)

We predicted that this new service would have a very short life and of course, in the event, it lasted less than 1 month.

SnatchBack! is a well established and very successful service that has built in safeguards against the factors that made our rival service so patently uncompetitive as of late.

Like what? You have no control at all over anything Nominet choose to do regarding expiration of domain names. Therefore you cannot have any sort of safeguards built in. Why do you believe that people on here are stupid enough to believe this crap? Please tell us....

We continue to secure numerous names for our clients and look forward to serving you long into the future.

I've discussed this with your before. The people on here aren't clueless, unlike I suspect most of your customers are. The reason you have, up until the end of this month, been getting a lot of business is because you've registered a domain name with the exact same label as Nominet use in their WHOIS, to indicate a 'detagged' (possibly to be deleted) domain name. Fortunately, when the WHOIS output changes in a few days, Nominet will be including a URL to a page on their site explaining what detagged means. So I guess you'll be loosing a lot of your clueless customers pretty soon. ;)

Therefore the clueless (and there are many) go to your site and you get their business by making out that you can get them the name in the future. Sometimes you do get the name - most likely when nobody else wanted it.

I know for a *fact* that you've never wanted end users to know about the suspended part of the deletion process, possibly because if end users had they wouldn't part with their money *until* the domain name goes to suspended.

If you wanted to do well for yourselves with domain name resellers (such as those who frequent this forum) you'd have been better off *not* coming on here and slating your competition. Results are all people on here are interested in, not your spin, your lies or your bitching. Unfortunately people on here have seen you for what you are actually about and, therefore, I doubt that anyone on here would come visit you and pay you any money. In retrospect, don't you think your entire marketing approach on here was pretty f**king lousy?

I've yet to see any really substantiation from you about what you have succeeded in acquiring, apart from what you have posted on your web site. None of those particularly make me think I'd dump a load of money in your lap.

If the Nominet system changes have stopped Nametrack continuing why are Detagged still going?

I think it's quite simple. Nametrack went after names that other people *with skill* would probably have wanted. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators