Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Namewinner: Please tell me why!

Status
Not open for further replies.

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am the only bidder for two domains, and Namewinner got them for me on Jan 1, 2003, and their status showing in my account : pending.

As usual, after update of whois, the whois for these two domains: no match for XXX, registrar is Dotster.

On Jan 2, 2003, I wrote to Namewinner, and remind them of billing my credit card, and I got the reply: Ok, it will be done in a couple of hours.

On Jan 3, 2003, I checked and found my credit card was charged by Namewinner.

Now, I found the new whois changed to:

Registrar: UNIVERSAL REGISTRATION SERVICES, INC.
Whois Server: whois.newdentity.com
Referral URL: http://www.newdentity.com
Name Server: No nameserver
Updated Date: 01-jan-2003

I know newdentity belongs to/ is an affiliate to dotster.

I am so surprised and I do not know why?

They are not so good domains, but Namewinner/Doster is a good company, right?

I am awaiting their answer.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The names will most likely be moved into your Dotster account within a few days. I've had the same thing happen. No need to worry.

toho

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cool down.

You will find your name WHOIS within next few days from now.
They never steal your domain : )
No problem.

toho

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, NW indicates "Pending" but WRONG.

Ex: I am highest bidder of " FreeMarket.com " US$2,004 PENDING
Here comes lucky year !
Feel so happy.

But Snapnames got it.
This is 3rd times in my case during this 1 year.
Status still "PENDING" at NW.

Bad day :(

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by toho

They never steal your domain : )

Do You really think so?

I use namewinners`s one click registration utility durning drop times! So in 3 dec 2002. I was running fro domain name amlie.com + 20 names more.
I also was in 3 dec the highest bidder for this name. But next day somone out-bid me with $34
I always get this error when it registers a name "Credit card authorization failed " I don`t know what`s the problem with it, the name will be registered into theyre system, and it gets nameservers:
nameserver: ns1.nameresolve.com
nameserver: ns2.nameresolve.com
nameserver: ns3.nameresolve.com
nameserver: ns4.nameresolve.com

Ok, I knew that this name was registered because it was godaddy drop and this name was also available in my enom account, ok I contatcted theyre support: The first post is in the end of it.

Response (Customer Care Representative) 12/06/2002 03:44 PM
I'm sorry, but our system showed that the domain's current owner had the high bid (which was $35, not $8.75) at the time the domain was registered.

Registrant:
David Keenan
584 Castro St. #417
San Francisco, CA 94114
US

Registrar: DOTSTER
Domain Name: AMLIE.COM
Created on: 03-DEC-02
Expires on: 03-DEC-03
Last Updated on: 06-DEC-02

Administrative Contact:
Keenan, David [email protected]
584 Castro St. #417
San Francisco, CA 94114
US
415-845-4777
510-883-7172

Technical Contact:
Keenan, David [email protected]
584 Castro St. #417
San Francisco, CA 94114
US
415-845-4777
510-883-7172

Customer (Gunther Veidenberg) 12/06/2002 08:52 AM
Hello
I was not entering a bid on it, example: first time I push instat reg button, then the name is not available, then I see that there is opportunity to add the domain to bid list, but idon`t to it, I push again instat reg and then the domain was available, and was registered with my click, not Your system.
Ok,
But when the domain dropped I was thehighest bidder $8,75, then next day I updated my whois info and it showed dotster. inc as registrar, Iwas the highets bidder then, and the next day someone out-bid me with $35, why was the naem not PENDING in my account then? Because Your system didn`t register it? I registered it. I had similar experineces with
shiela.org
citybest.net
But in this ones I was also the highest bidder, but then the other day they were registered by me with one-click utility, they didn`t PENDING in my account, then also someone could out-bid me?

OK...
But please check Your system, the name amelie was registered with your system, when I was the highest bidder

Response (Customer Care Representative) 12/06/2002 08:35 AM
When you use the InstantReg at anytime on any domain that is not currently available to be registered, you are entering a bid on that domain (bids start at $8.75). When the domain drops, we then try to grab any domain on which there are bids in our system, and at the time we register the domain, it is awarded to the customer with the highest bid in our system at that time.

Customer (Gunther Veidenberg) 12/05/2002 11:01 AM
Hello again

Ok sorry, but You wan`t to say that when I use "InstantReg - Instant Registration " durning drop times I am bidding on names? Not registering them? I am asking this because I have many times beaten your sytem with my enom account, wher I have to make 3 click to register name? and that name amilie.com was also availble in my enom account a little time after NSI drop time, I could have registered the name with my enom account, but I thinked that I will be sure and useda Your "InstantReg - Instant Registration " system, and what turned out, with this thing I am bidding for domains, WOW? Thats really amasing Isn`t this tool: "Our one click, instant registration system makes it fast
and easy to aquire new and expiring domains. Simply
enter the domains that you’d like to register into the
box below and click the ‘Instant Reg’ button. "

Again sorry, if this is not right. I know when I bid on names with Your bulk submission system. Ok thanks I will never use this service again.
And I will make some letters for dnforum, where all the pros of domain registration are. SO thanks.

Gunther

>

Response (Customer Care Representative) 12/05/2002 10:42 AM
When you submit domains with the one-click utility on Namewinner, you are not registering the soon-to-expire domains, you are bidding on them. After you placed your $8.75 bid through the one-click interface, more customers bid on the domain, and in the end, the highest bidder was awarded the domain.

Any future messages from you which contain profanity will be deleted without a response.

Customer (Gunther Veidenberg) 12/04/2002 10:52 PM
What the ****?

Your system didn`t grab anything, I registered the name manually and I was the highest bidder also in this time when I GRABBED the name, How is this so hard to understand? You can check Your system, that I registered it not You.

Response (Customer Care Representative) 12/04/2002 03:33 PM
I'm sorry, but you were not the highest bidder at the time the domain was grabbed.

Customer (Gunther Veidenberg) 12/04/2002 02:43 PM
Hello

And Why is it so?
I registered it yesterday with on click utility? Iwas also the highest bidder yesterday and now, You give this name to someone else?
Thats not fair? If it was registered with your system yesterday then I most get it.

Gunther

Response (Customer Care Representative) 12/04/2002 02:36 PM
The domain was awarded to another party, not the veidenberg account, I'm sorry.

Customer (Gunther Veidenberg) 12/04/2002 08:08 AM
Hello

Please , I was yesterday submiting a few names with bulk registration utility, and this name AMLIE.COM was registered with my account veidenberg . I was also the highest bidder in namewinner, but now someone out-bid me? SO will I get this name? I know taht I registered it yesterday, because the nameservers are now ns1.nameresolve.com and so on.

Thanks

Ok, till today I didn`t know that I really registered it, but now I got my account`s recent activity, and really in 3 dec, You can see the image I included to it! So what do You think,

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stuff,

So someone bid $35 on the name, and NameWinner grabbed it and gave it to the highest bidder. What's the problem? If NameWinner grabs a domain, it goes to the highest bidder. If a domain already has bids at NameWinner, you can't register it with NameWinner's own one-click register button. That wouldn't make sense, would it? Don't you think the high bidder would be angry if he saw that the name was registered by NameWinner and given to you for LESS than his bid? Think about it.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftlock
Stuff,

So someone bid $35 on the name, and NameWinner grabbed it and gave it to the highest bidder. What's the problem? If NameWinner grabs a domain, it goes to the highest bidder. If a domain already has bids at NameWinner, you can't register it with NameWinner's own one-click register button. That wouldn't make sense, would it? Don't you think the high bidder would be angry if he saw that the name was registered by NameWinner and given to you for LESS than his bid? Think about it.

Hello

Namewinner didn`t grab it, I registered it with theyre one click registration utility!
And i did it in 3 dets, why it didn`t go to "PENDING" then?
And Shiftlock why should someone use the one click utility, when always the highest bidder gets the name? For example, I would have registered netlaw.com bid over $3000 in namewinner, with one click registration utility, what`s the point of it? I would like work for dotster????

P

PACKERGARE

this forum is the best. everyone here is a class act

changejobs

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how can someone tell when snapnames gets a name
regards
larry
Sometimes, NW indicates "Pending" but WRONG.

Ex: I am highest bidder of " FreeMarket.com " US$2,004 PENDING
Here comes lucky year !
Feel so happy.

But Snapnames got it.
This is 3rd times in my case during this 1 year.
Status still "PENDING" at NW.

Bad day :(

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stuff,

The one click register utility is useful for registering domains that don't have NameWinner bids. Besides, how do you know the domain was registered by you with the one click button, as opposed to NameWinner grabbing it via the third pool? I don't put much meaning on the fact that it didn't say PENDING. NameWinner's system is known for being flakey as far as domain status is concerned. There's really no way to tell. I don't know what you mean when you say you registered it in "3 dets." What's a det?

I realize you're angry because you wanted the domain, and I think you're letting that affect your assessment of the situation. I really don't think NameWinner "steals" domains from people or operates in a way that's unfair. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PACKERGARE
this forum is the best. everyone here is a class act

What do you mean by that? Do I sense sarcasm?

toho

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IS This Stealing or not?

Hi, Stuff

I feel sorry you can not got this domain.
But people do not think Dotster stolen domain about this situation.

I agree with Shiftlock.

I do not use one click new service.
But this service is not main but only additional services.

I had some problem with NW, but I did not say loud.
Because sometimes they caught nice one for me.
They do not have bad faith. I am using NW from Jul 2001 even now.

If you do not like them, you will not use them.
Simple action.

;)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stuff,

The one click register utility is useful for registering domains that don't have NameWinner bids. Besides, how do you know the domain was registered by you with the one click button, as opposed to NameWinner grabbing it via the third pool? I don't put much meaning on the fact that it didn't say PENDING. NameWinner's system is known for being flakey as far as domain status is concerned. There's really no way to tell. I don't know what you mean when you say you registered it in "3 dets." What's a det?

I realize you're angry because you wanted the domain, and I think you're letting that affect your assessment of the situation. I really don't think NameWinner "steals" domains from people or operates in a way that's unfair. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it.

Look this attachment, then You see, I registered it in 3 dec, when I was the highest bidder on, someone outbid me 4 dec, day after it, when the name already was in namewinenr system and everyone who wanted the name could see that it was registered with dotster!!

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by stuff
Look this attachemnt, then You see, I registered it in 3 dets, when I was the highest bidder on

What is a det? Sorry, I don't understand. If English is a second language for you, perhaps you're using the wrong word?

All I'm seeing there is that your transaction didn't go through because of a credit card problem. Please explain what you're trying to illustrate. I think we're having a communication breakdown here. ;)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IS This Stealing or not?

Hi, Stuff

I feel sorry you can not got this domain.
But people do not think Dotster stolen domain about this situation.

I agree with Shiftlock.

I do not use one click new service.
But this service is not main but only additional services.

I had some problem with NW, but I did not say loud.
Because sometimes they caught nice one for me.
They do not have bad faith. I am using NW from Jul 2001 even now.

If you do not like them, you will not use them.
Simple action.

;)

Hi Toho,

I know, namewinner has got me also some nice names, and I am happy with theyre service!
But how they can`t accept that I registered it in 3 dec manually, not theyre system, and why they let outbid me in 4 dec????

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
to me it looks like your cc failed authorisation and in that case it states on namewinners site that it will be offered to the next buyer immediately they won't try to contact you for payment.

I am also confused about what a 'det' is.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh, wait a minute.... Are you trying to say that Dotster already registered the name, and continued to take bids on it through the NameWinner system?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

What is a det? Sorry, I don't understand. If English is a second language for you, perhaps you're using the wrong word?

All I'm seeing there is that your transaction didn't go through because of a credit card problem. Please explain what you're trying to illustrate. I think we're having a communication breakdown here. ;)

That means I registered it to dotster system, I was not billed for it, but the name was still registered!! ANd they shoudl try to bill me again and move the name into my account?

I now created second account, I tried to register some names few days ago, same problem credit card-....
The name was cooldudes.net it was registered then, but with my other account I was the highest bidder and then few days after it it was PENDING in the second account? I mean I register the name but they get the money??

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, wait a minute.... Are you trying to say that Dotster already registered the name, and continued to take bids on it through the NameWinner system?

Yes, the name was already registered 3 dec,
and they took bids on 4 dec for it, the bid went up to $34

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom