Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Need A Script That Allow People To Add Content Which Can Then Be Voted Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looking for some ideas on where to go for this. I am sure I have seen similar stuff over the years.

This would be for one of our sites where we do sell a PHP script.
We want to allow people to add in suggestions for what new features they would like to see and then allow other people to vote for it which then moves the suggestion UP.

This will allow us to see what modifications and features people want to have added to the PHP script and which ones are most popular which helps us to decide what work to do.

There needs to be an IP/session check so that peopel cannot 'easily' vote more than once.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Domain summit 2024

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you sell your own PHP script, you should be able to write something yourself to do this. Wouldn't be very difficult.

The only real way to restrict votes would be by IP address (though not perfect). Session wouldn't be any good as a bot, say, could make a new session for every vote and appear to be a first-time visitor every visit.

Nothing on Hotscripts.com?

As for new features. For the products I have written and sold, I always got requests from customers for certain features. If I got a lot of requests for a particular feature I knew there was a demand for it and I supported it (even when I didn't particularly like it...which is an interesting lesson, make the product/site/service for the customer, not yourself!). Didn't need to solicit votes. Save yourself the trouble.

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you sell your own PHP script, you should be able to write something yourself to do this. Wouldn't be very difficult.

The only real way to restrict votes would be by IP address (though not perfect). Session wouldn't be any good as a bot, say, could make a new session for every vote and appear to be a first-time visitor every visit.

Nothing on Hotscripts.com?

As for new features. For the products I have written and sold, I always got requests from customers for certain features. If I got a lot of requests for a particular feature I knew there was a demand for it and I supported it (even when I didn't particularly like it...which is an interesting lesson, make the product/site/service for the customer, not yourself!). Didn't need to solicit votes. Save yourself the trouble.

I spotted this and it is working our pretty well.

http://codecanyon.net/item/features...em&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=DevPlus31

At 13 bucks it is awesome.. Thats why I like looking for existing solutions rather than spending resources and money on making them. It is pot luck though, so far so good.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Resources on making what? That script would not take more than a few hours to code.. If that...

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Resources on making what? That script would not take more than a few hours to code.. If that...

I wouldn't code anything if I can get my hands on a tried and tested solution.
There is nearly always something out there and it's always worth a look. I was hoping somebody had found it but after a decent search and some testing I found the one above which would have certainly taken more than a few hours to code and test.

All happy, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators