Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Need advice on monetizing a site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slipxaway

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I run a social networking site, which is aimed at a very niche group of teens, so it's been extremely hard to monetize the traffic. I'm receiving about 600-700k ad impressions a month via Adsense, but my CTR is consistently around .25-.30%

The ads are targeted, but the keyword popularity is so small that it basically shows the exact same ads all the time, and they pay next to nothing.

I would like to find a way to somehow incorporate a broader array of keywords into my site that would show more general teen/music/entertainment related ads, but with the script I am using, I'm not sure how to go about doing this.

Also I might be interested in a CPM program, but every one I have found, requires an Alexa ranking of less than 100,000.

This is my first development project, so I'm not very experienced in monetization and while my site is making some money, I know that there has to be a way to get a lot more out of it, as I need to upgrade servers and possibly pay someone to create more features.

I would appreciate advice if anyone has some to offer, whether on ad networks to use or how to possibly change my keywords or any other advice you may be able to think of.

I'm expecting site traffic to increase dramatically in May due to some things in the works and I want to make sure I have it optimized before then.

Thank you!

Domain summit 2024

DexSmart

Level 4
Reaction score
I think a 25-30% is ok on your CTR. Considering that you have targeted traffic, and converts.
Think that It could be lower than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators