Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Need appraisal on Guns.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please give me your 2 cents worth and let me know what you think this domain is worth in today's market.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be a great name for a manufacturer, or for the NRA (or anti-NRA). I'd say at least $200,000. It would be worth more, but you can't use it to buy/sell guns on the 'net, as far as I know (most transactions would be face-to-face, I would think).

D

dariusthegreat

you can buy guns on the net. Though this may not be true in all states

Originally posted by Melvista.com
Please give me your 2 cents worth and let me know what you think this domain is worth in today's market.

Guns are a very big consumer industry: over $2 Billion a year in annual sales in the U.S., not including miliatry sales. Over 200,000 OVT searches (includes plural and singular).

Yahoo indicates a very large number of websites for guns.

Without doing further research, I'd put a ballpark value for this keyterm domain, for an end user, at $500,000.

Miles

[edit for typo]

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't like guns - but that's a wow domain, even more valubale than the singular gun.com.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Atleast $500,000 . Maybe even more for this top name.

appraisal:
1,000,000 US$
but since net gun sales are ilegal take a zero out...
100,000.00 US$(pure informational site)
take another zero:due to liability and theme's controversy
10,000.00 US$
Sell before Democrats take over again the US Presidency...NRA would no touch it!
l

I am the owner of this domain name and I am looking for a buyer. Thanks for all your input everyone. Wish me luck in getting some good $$ for this one.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The NRA (National Rifle Association) is one of the largest interest groups in America with millions of members. Every year they spend millions on lobbying. Contact them if you decide to sell the name....They have the $$$

BTW a great name. At least $250,000 !!

Contacted them 5 months ago, they were not interested. Some people are just too blind to see gold right in front of their face.

Lets not forget that the internet is also a global community, there are plenty of other targets if you broaden your horizons!

Best of luck!

I can see that one happening....countries exposing themselves and their weaponery.... Via Fed Ex.....give me 100) of this send to ...?
I don;t think so....plus the US Tobacco and Arms will be lall over you like a wet t-shirt...

Well this domain can be anything but one must consider that it receives almost 4,000 browser type-ins every day. That's some serious targeted traffic!

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You may want to try auctionarms.com. They're one of the biggest "gun auction" sites.

BTW, guns can be sold online, but they would need to be sent to a federally licensed dealer, which most gun shops should be.

I have been dreaming of owning that name for a few years, but it's definately out of my league. You should do well.

Manufacturers to consider:

www.olyarms.com
www.heckler-koch.de
www.beretta.com
www.glock.com
www.colt.com/colt/
www.bushmaster.com

I would try to contact heckler-koch first, since they have deep pockets and contracts with several government agencies.

Originally posted by Don Giovanni
I can see that one happening....countries exposing themselves and their weaponery.... Via Fed Ex.....give me 100) of this send to ...?
I don;t think so....plus the US Tobacco and Arms will be lall over you like a wet t-shirt...

Don
Wake up and smell the coffee, the US government does not control domain names, the internet or global marketing, for if they did we would all be in trouble!

By the way, this is a FIVE STAR NAME!

Best of luck!

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Melvista.com
I am the owner of this domain name and I am looking for a buyer. Thanks for all your input everyone. Wish me luck in getting some good $$ for this one.

I could be the buyer as long as you pay no attention to these guys. :D

Too bad domain appraisers aren't buyers. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators