Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Need help in moving,copying,backup, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have two hosting accounts at HostGator.

I also have two with GoDaddy (my reseller account actually)

I need help (or someone) to copy all the files on the two host gator accounts, back up and move to one of the GD hosting accounts. I then want to close out and cancel the HG accounts.

I then would like the contents of one GD account moved to the Primary account I want to keep and then close out one of the GD hosting accounts.

The end result is to take 4 hosting accounts down to one.

I have never done this and it is imperative that I not lose sites and contents. I know this is tricky for a novice.

I would love to have a trusted member step up and say Hey, I can do that for you!

I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee or trade services.

So if you think I know you to be trusting and honorable, please pm me.

Otherwise, detailed and explicit instructions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought Gods were paid with omnipotence and sexy good looks?

But, yes. Agreed with DomainMagnate. Try to get Godaddy to help you with this. I have experienced nothing but pain dealing with Godaddy servers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
How many domains/subdomains are hosted on those 4 accounts?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[edit]______[/edit]

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I am working with someone on these issues.

I most likely will end up dropping everything except a HostGator account.

GoDaddy server are WAY TOO SLOW and pages (server) keep timing out before updates or new posts are added.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At one time I had 25 godaddy virtual servers and it was the biggest waste of money that I have ever spent. I been with hostgator for almost 2 years and they are great. Their affiliate program sucks but their hosting is good : )

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At one time I had 25 godaddy virtual servers and it was the biggest waste of money that I have ever spent. I been with hostgator for almost 2 years and they are great. Their affiliate program sucks but their hosting is good : )
Yeah, they are good until you really need them to do what they are supposed to do or honor their coupons.

Everything, including the HG accounts, are being moved to LunarPages. Thus far, I have been very, very impressed and the sites are much more responsive than HG. Customer service has been great going in.

The GD hosts are now closed and migrated and refunds processed. Next up will be the migration of HG and closing of those accounts. All in all, I am looking at saving over $70 a month and with a service that does not appear to oversell their servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators