Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Need some branding advice

WorldTarget

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a domain that I am now having second thoughts about. I was looking for a cool short domain for selling vintage apparel, customized dudds, accesories, etc.

I purchased WORER.com

The "wore" part is cool. But I do not know about the "r". Maybe I am overthinking it. But it just looks like a typo for say "warrior" or something.

If you have any opinions I would love to know what you think. Suggestions are very much appreciated. I do not own any good short domains anymore, like I used to, and I do not want to pay a arm and a leg for an ideal solution.

If you have a short domain that is brandable for this sort of thing. I mean anything cool even "VENTI" would work, (not trying to make a coffee joke). Well, my point is I will be willing to trade you a group of good domains for a short one.

But most importantly I am just seeking opinions. A longer domain would not nec. fit on say a clothing label very well.

Cheers...

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I am honest. I don't like this one.

- I don't think it's brandable, ie... what is a worer?
- I don't think it says vintage apparel, I'm not sure what it says?
- The spoken version too would be confusing, saying yahoo or google sort of flows, worer does not.
- spelling confusion, if you tell someone about it verbally will they go to woror.com or worer.com.

I think you would better off to think of a new name or perhaps seek one from your peers here. It's possible someone has something that fits your budget and niche?

Asking questions is a good trait of a successfu person. Step one complete!

Best of luck!

Paul

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At first glance, I thought it was whore but sounds like horror.

Marketing Guru

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with the previous posts.

Here are some hand-reg options.
These domains are available right now from any registrar:

ECOVINT

ecovint.com
It combines eco and vintage
(ecology, because reusing clothing is ecologically friendly)
It's pronounceable, short and available for hand-reg as of 10:40pm PST tonight.

EXVINTAGE
Exvintage.com
Remade clothing. Available for hand-reg.

VINTAGY
Vintagy.com
Available for hand-reg

- Marketing Guru

JamesDavid

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think an obstacle would be the spelling for people when they hear it.
worer or warer,

I would stick to something that "pops". Marketing Gurus suggestions were nice, I especially like ExVintage and personally am surprised it is even available..

BOTTOM LINE: If it is a venture that you are tackling you HAVE to believe in the name, our advice is only advice.

It appears WoreVintage.com is available too which would incorporate your word... Also dont forget a longer name doesnt mean the brand has to be long, a name like WoreVintage could be marketed just using WV, just like American Eagle uses AE,

Best of Luck..

WorldTarget

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with the previous posts.

Here are some hand-reg options.
These domains are available right now from any registrar:

ECOVINT

ecovint.com
It combines eco and vintage
(ecology, because reusing clothing is ecologically friendly)
It's pronounceable, short and available for hand-reg as of 10:40pm PST tonight.

EXVINTAGE
Exvintage.com
Remade clothing. Available for hand-reg.

VINTAGY
Vintagy.com
Available for hand-reg

- Marketing Guru

Thanks, for the suggestions. I was thinking maybe wore(R) worer.com where the are could be for say Recycled. But you all are right. It does not roll off the tounge very well does it. Unless when speaking it you emphasized the "R".

Some key words: vintage, haute, couture, threads

madubuko ndukwe david

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i think the best option is for you to make use of google keyword planner for your niche you can get a nice tow words combination, at lease it's give more understanding to your brand

Messileonel

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Best practice to start from scratch is use google keywords planner and find most appropriate keywords and implement those in your business website. meta viral | viral stuff | viral image | viral content sites Use great designs, logos, and images in your website and make it look more visible to your audience. Share out at social media and other places and get discovered.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom