Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NetSol is doing it again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Damn NetSol!! I have a domain monitored that expired over 2 months ago. I don't know how many times this has happened to me lately. One domain was even renewed after 3 months! The site is still up and there are no indications of it becoming deleted anytime soon. I think it might has to do with that it is currently used for a quite large site with a lot of visitors. Maybe some connection there... BTW, the name is not trademarked. ;)

NetSol has no delete policy that anyone can make any sense of. Domains - even those who have never had a site associated with them - have been deleted and not dropped for many months.

At one time I thought the only domains that got stuck were domains with nameservers defined against them and that had other domains pointing to them - alas, this is not the case...

-t

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thewitt
NetSol has no delete policy that anyone can make any sense of. Domains - even those who have never had a site associated with them - have been deleted and not dropped for many months.

At one time I thought the only domains that got stuck were domains with nameservers defined against them and that had other domains pointing to them - alas, this is not the case...

-t

I agree they don't have any standard policy they follow it seems. Once I back ordered a domain that expired about 8 months earlier. Six months later I got the domain. In total, it was released about a year and half after it had expired.

If the previous domain owner applied for bankruptcy protection, then the registrar is not allowed to release that domain name until all bankruptcy proceedings are completed. I was trying to register two expired domain names for more than a year, until I found out the bankruptcy provisions. I checked with the appropriate courts (in DE), and the domain name became available a week after they closed the case...

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bankruptcy would be an unusual case. Where netsol is concerned they had over 1 million expired but not dropped domains in their registry.

Some up to four or five years old.

They are currently being sued on a class action basis for witholding names!:laugh:

Hello!

Analogic case with Register.com domain :

on-hold: vptcorp.com. Title : Voice Personals Technology, Inc. .
Expiration date : 05-Mar-2002, Registration date : 04-Mar-1997
Registrar : Register.com

(today 13-aug-2002)
Best Regards,
Alex

I was on a service were you can buy deleted domains. The domain was a valuble one. It was expired for 6 months and Netsol confirmed it was on its way out to be deleted. When I contacted them 8 months later, they said the owner has to release it !! I said what..??? they will never release it... they were able to renew the name 8 months after it was deleted....

go figure....

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know of a name which was released more than one year after it expired. At present I am watching a name (someone else got its Snapback before I could) which expired many months ago and they have not released it yet.

They should have a clear policy that a name will be released exactly after 30 days or 60 days or whatever. And they must do it honestly.

More than a year waiting for an expired domain owned currently by

Organization:
register.com
Unpaid Names Department-R
575 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10018
US
Phone: 212-798-9200
Fax..: 212-594-9876
Email: [email protected]

Can you believe this?

Created on..............: Sun, Jul 02, 2000
Expires on..............: Mon, Jul 02, 2001

Eneko

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Notice the creation and expiry dates match nicely huh? How convenient..

Organization:
register.com
Unpaid Names Department-R
575 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10018
US
Phone: 212-798-9200
Fax..: 212-594-9876
Email: [email protected]

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: XXXXXX.COM

Created on..............: Mon, Nov 12, 2001
Expires on..............: Sat, Mar 24, 2001
Record last updated on..: Thu, Nov 15, 2001

I have even tried to buy that expired domain from register.com, but I got no answer.
In the whois data was shown
You may be able to buy this domain name through http://www.afternic.com/offer
I went there and it was not listed!

With the example DnPowerful has given, is crystal clear that something wird is going on there, something not fair.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen that on a few names. Whats up with that?

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You may wish to review the multiple "insider" threads posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom