Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

New Search Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAholic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like it. I think that it could do with a better logo, something more eye catching and memorable.

Also realised that when you type more then one word it automatically puts in a + sign in between. Is this necessary?

Would change the colour outline scheme myself, otherwise looks good. Well done and hope it does well :)

DNA

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNAholic said:
I like it. I think that it could do with a better logo, something more eye catching and memorable.

Also realised that when you type more then one word it automatically puts in a + sign in between. Is this necessary?

Would change the colour outline scheme myself, otherwise looks good. Well done and hope it does well :)

DNA

Your right about the logo, I'm trying to come up with something....
The plus signs may also be an issue.....

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stevey said:
like DNAholic said, looks good apart from the logo and the + added in searchs

I've gotten both of those issues taken care of now.... New Logo, + signs are now removed from the query box.....

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice site.

How is the ppc from findology? Do they have high rates per click? As I am looking for a good ppc provider.

Thanks

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
snicksnack said:
Nice site.

How is the ppc from findology? Do they have high rates per click? As I am looking for a good ppc provider.

Thanks

Not really... I'm looking to convert it to something else soon....

dealwave

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very Nice.... I like the design and the colors.

Are the non-sponsored search results also provided by Findology?

Thanks

Limit$

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey, Just wanted to see how it's going with the site. Do you still own it? is it succesful? Also were do you live on longisland? I live in Deer Park.

Skys The Limit$

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I live in West Babylon.... I still have the site and it is doing well.... I have had inquiries from buyer brokers for the site, but it's too big and too much of a part of my business name etc to sell...

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI:

I'm kicking around the idea of selling the search engine.....

However, I cannot sell the domain name that it is on or it's logo since it is my trademark name, so buyer would really just be buying content, software, and database..... (I will consider a 301 redirect for 6 months time for search engine purposes)

I have spent alot of time and money building it, so if anyone is interested in owning a search engine inquire by PM with some sort of ballpark figure of what you would be willing to pay for one.... I would be asking for somewhere in the mid $x,xxx area. It's about 90% developed.

I keep having to fix it and spend time with it and it is not my main thing, so buyer should want to devote alot of time and stay on it. I also would suggest buyer prepare to invest about 10 hours of programming time custimizing for third party ad feeds, etc. if they would want to intergrate them. The engine is highly customizable.

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes --- that is the exact software I bought, yet my engine operates very different..... I had alot of work done to it........ out of the box, is nothing like my engine....

Many modsd have been done that you will not easily notice, but if you look closely you will see that they actually opeate very differently....

Most of my mods were for seo ----- extreamecorporate is built primarily as a ppc engine.... Mine is nolongeer using the ppc functionality and the directory is completely rerbuilt for paid submissions...

I also had session ID's removed, Google API intergration, Meta Tag and Catagory data grabbedon directory along with a load of other stuff...

chopos

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was very pleased with it until I realised they only give 5 months of upgrades.

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm still pretty happy with mine ---- I really may not sell it.... Just feeling around - like I said, I'm playing with the idea.....

I like it, but it took months of modifying it to get even close to me feeling comfortable with it.... It's still not completly done....

ZaZZeR.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought the same script. I am having problems with the ppc advertiser signup and affiliate signup pages. Since you have the script and are familiar with the way it works, would you be willing to look it over for me and see what the heck is wrong, and fix it for me? I can pay via paypal. I just need it working and extremecorporate is absolutely no help.

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ExtremeCorporate seems to provide about 6 months email support but after that your on your own.... Can you give a little more information on what the exact problem is and I will think about wheather I can provide an answer..?

I know the script pretty good, but I haven't worked too much with the PPC and advertise sections as I have pretty much elliminated them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom