Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Nicely optimized wordpress theme for photoblogging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunja

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I currently use inove on my wallpapers sites (eg see my sig).

The link units perform well, but I feel that I could do better.

What are your experiences with wordpress themes for adsense? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-sj.

DataSN.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any theme would do if you can place a 336x280 large rectangle immediately before the post content and immediate after the post title on every single post page. It's the ultimate money maker and would account for more than 70% of all the earnings of the adsense ads on the blog. But again, it has tradeoffs such as bad user experience.

DataSN.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've found that a horizontal text link just below the menu can do well.

That does the trick too. I have a blog that's placing a link unit at the top and it does deliver. BTW, this blog is using the famous adsense optimized theme released by DoshDosh. It's ugly but it sure makes money.

I used to have a 180 link box on the left sidebar up the fold and it performed fantastically. Unfortunately I was so naive that I redesigned the site and got rid of the left sidebar. The new design is not bad in adsense earnings but definitely not worth the extra effort. Now it's the 336x280 ad above the fold that's making me the most money.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

sunja

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah link units can be amazing.

Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of it being the 'ultimate money maker'!!! But I do want to strike a nice balance between user experience and rev, so I don't think I'll do anything that extreme.

I'll check out that doshdosh theme, thanks.

DataSN.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah link units can be amazing.

Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of it being the 'ultimate money maker'!!! But I do want to strike a nice balance between user experience and rev, so I don't think I'll do anything that extreme.

I'll check out that doshdosh theme, thanks.

Actually, you know what. If you can come up with some really great content, you will be amazed how much advertising / promotion visitors can take and bear. While user experience is a good thing, it's also important that the site keeps making good money so that you are motivated in continuously building and promoting it.

sunja

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's true. I'm making as much today with subtle ads on my blog as I was making a year ago with glaring ads but half the traffic. I prefer to build the traffic and keep the ads to a minimum. I can always turn up the ads if I need to. The traffic's what's important, to me. If it wasn't my own personal blog (and first ever domain name!) I'd probably be less fussy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators