Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

No Delete Cycle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have noticing that some domains latey have dropped without going through a delete cycle. Usually, they expired like 2 months +. Then they dropped and were availbe in less than a day. They did not go through the usual cycle of 5-6 days before actually dropping. They were domains with Netsol and Register.com. Anyone else been noticing this lately?

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
It happens. it is surprising outside 2+ months though. . ..

-Bob

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kim, that is precisely why we run a twenty four hour script. It seems there are more domains going like that than the normal 5-6 day deletes.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gmartfin
Kim, that is precisely why we run a twenty four hour script. It seems there are more domains going like that than the normal 5-6 day deletes.

That is what I assumed. Lately I have seen a lot of those drops. Good thing you changed your strategy Gordon :)

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameguy, let me try to respond to this since it seems like Gordon is not around :) Yes, they check every order. If you are putting in an order for a domain that has expired and not in a delete cycle, then just choose the closest drop date. They will take care of the rest and sort it out.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kim you're hired !

Our original system was set up for the netsol drops and the assumption that everybody had a reasonably good idea on the drop dates. CAll me the optimist.:D

Such has not proven to be the case. In addition because we are now accepting names for monitoring as soon as they expire (NOT BEFORE) the drop date becomes redundant.

However my tech guy was seriously injured enough last week to require re-constructive surgery on his face. He won't be back till mid Jan at which time we will revamp the order system. In the meantime just pick the next days date for everything and we will look after it.

And I'm not even charging extra:cry:

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Feb 2003 ??? That's an utter crock.

Selling WLS subscriptions before it is even opening is BS.

WLS won't see the light of day. It'll take years for the legal challenges to be finished with. Win or lose.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Starting in Feb. 2003, the registry will implement the "grace redemtion period" NOT WLS. WLS is slated for release six months after that, although I agree that it will be at least stalled - if not killed off entirely, by the mounting legal objections.

All this means is that we ALL get to find something else to do for the month of Feb 2003, as there will be absolutely NO DROPS for 30 days.

Jeesh, you would think that a registrar would know this!

Toonz

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are connections between namestore and no-drops policy?
Quote:

The Secondary Market Program (SMP)
The VeriSign Name Store platform provides a fast, easy way to expand the name choices you deliver to your customers. Besides currently providing top-level domains, the VeriSign Name Store is introducing the Secondary Market Program (SMP) in February
2003. The secondary market is an arena in which the registrant of a domain name can “re-sell” that domain name registration. The SMP will allow you to offer those secondary market names that are for sale by the current registrant. By integrating the
industry’s most comprehensive, centralized clearinghouse of secondary market names and related services, the SMP will allow you to include secondary market names and suggested name alternatives in your domain name search results, expanding the inventory of names available to you and your resellers.
Once you have completed a one-time integration of the Name Store API, you will be able to deliver the following secondary market services through your Web site:
•Provide secondary market search/name suggestion
•List secondary market domain name sales
•Provide domain name appraisals
Features and Benefits
The Secondary Market Program offered through the VeriSign Name Store helps simplify provisioning, increase revenue, and retain customers.
Simplified Provisioning
•Allows you to sell listings of secondary names without building an expensive infrastructure.
•Enables one-stop shopping; lets you access a large inventory of domain names from a single location.
•Improves ability of customers to sell multiple domain names.
•Reduces manual intervention in secondary market transactions by simplifying the transfer process.
Increased Revenue
•Creates additional .com inventory for your customers; allows you to leverage the popularity of .com and .net.
•Ties secondary market services directly into your purchase flow.
•Maximizes the opportunity for your customers to get the name they really want.
Higher Retention Rates
•Enables you to maintain an exclusive relationship with your customers because all
their needs are met through your services.
•Gives sellers a larger distribution channel for marketing their domains. Creates a critical mass of buyers and sellers.

This is quoted from
http://www.verisign-grs.com/namestore/smp/smp_product_guidebook.pdf

I did not find anything like "no-drops policy for February" in this document. Am I wrong?

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seems Snapnames is not so good in handling these "unexpected drops", I got a name using the 1-click reg in NameWinner last Friday, it had a snap on it.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
VeriSign Global Registry Service is a domain producer. They have a right to develop and produce new product including WLS. And they have a right to make a profit. That's capitalism.

Hardly. They (NSI) were given a public contract to manage a database of domain names on behalf of the public. Not to treat it as their own little $$$$$ playpen.

And consumers are known as Domain Registrants.

That's right. And they pay the bills for everyone. I don't recall anybody giving verisign/nsi a mandate to bleed the consumers for an extra 50-60 million a year. In the name of developing a "new service". It's a monopoly. And everyone will pay now.

Those consumers are your clients and mine. You seem to have lost sight of their best interests.

In fact, I'm starting to take order for WLS. Go to http://webserv4.dodora.net/CENSORED to submit your name.

Taking orders for a non-existent service that has been publicly indentified as a lawsuit target is pretty suspect in my mind.

I would urge anybody not to pay these guys anything if they are asking for any form of pre-payment.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For Stargate, it is ok. They do not have grace period at all and delete domains just after expiration.
However their buggy system is not able to delete thisdomain.com with nameservers like ns1.thisdomain.com so those domains may not be deleted at all

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by tonyk2000
For Stargate, it is ok. They do not have grace period at all and delete domains just after expiration.
However their buggy system is not able to delete thisdomain.com with nameservers like ns1.thisdomain.com so those domains may not be deleted at all

Thanks Tony, I wasn't sure. It did delete and looks like it will be resolving on my my server tonight.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a look at your website (http://www.dropwizard.com). I notice that you are already selling WLS for $120.

What are you smoking buddy. The drop biz is a time honoured business. It was around before me and probably will be after me.

As for a mandate that's exactly the point. I'm free to go into the business or not. My choice.

Who will be able to go into the business once verisign/nsi/snap set up their little monopoly. You'll do business at their pleasure and their prices. Like it or lump it. And if they decide they don't need you any longer.... bye bye

After all once Veri-NSI-snap have the market why do they need the ongoing expense of you. Why do they need to pay you a large commission. The more for them the merrier.

Do you think their greed will stop at 80% of the take, 90, 95, 97%

Can't wait to get started? Neither can we. Click here to submit your name.

I imagine you are in a hurry. After the failure of your last little effort (doctordrop).

Given the clients their refunds yet??:eek:

As I stated. Pay these people nothing upfront.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has this forum been turned into nothing more but an advertising vehicle for dodora/DrDrop/NonExistentWLS/etc?

This crap has got to stop.

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cartoonz
Has this forum been turned into nothing more but an advertising vehicle for dodora/DrDrop/NonExistentWLS/etc?

This crap has got to stop.

yes. they should be banned immediately, not just for spamming but for general "nuttiness" as well...

E=MC2

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am pretty new to the domain name business but I am interested in getting in. Does anyone know how I go about getting a script to check drops, or expirations ( if thats what i can check)?
I am willing to purchase one.

thanks,

E=MC2

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Please let me know some prices and details of script.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes. they should be banned immediately, not just for spamming but for general "nuttiness" as well...
:laugh:

I don't think banning them is the answer tempting as it may be. But I don't like to see a non existent "service" that hasn't even met the obvious legal challenges that will come, being sold in this room. I think it's wrong.

Vic

Everyone would like a script. Everyone would pay. Problem is the registrars won't give you the kind of access you need unless you got big $$$$.

That's why most people use drop services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom