Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NSI Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hyperi0n

Hi

I have my eye on a domain registered at NSI that shows as expired on 8 Dec 2001 and a lastupdated date of 11 Oct 2002.

I know NSI are notorious for kind of thing but am wondering what is the best plan of attack for buying this domain. Do I contact NSI direct and say I want to buy the domain?

Has anyone else had experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are holding it for WLS, maybe?

You can ask them, but in our experience they do not drop on demand.

Your best bet would be to contact the last registrant and offer to buy the domain from them. They can still renew it and sell it to you...

-t

D

DomainNameFactory

I've did that before 2 years ago...the ass renewed, then wouldn't sell and he still has it!

Get the snap on it
Get a namewinner on it
be patient

I'm still waiting on slugfest.com :(

FM9000

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tried that once also. The guy wouldn't sell it to me, he said that he was going to renew it. Then he didn't renew it and someone else grabbed it when it dropped. I think my guy was a bigger ass.

H

hyperi0n

Thanks for the replies so far.

The problem with this one is the owner has a very similar domain name which is very active. I have a feeling that he has somehow forgotten the name I am looking at. If I jog his memory he is very likely to renew it and redirect it to his currently developed site. Apart from that, I think he would want big bucks for it, which I don't have. I was therefore hoping to go in through the back door, so to speak.

I was wondering if anyone has managed to convince NSI to drop expired names, although I am not hopeful.

Cheers

FM9000

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tried it once and they wouldn't do it. I even offered to pay to register it through them.

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hyperi0n
Thanks for the replies so far.

The problem with this one is the owner has a very similar domain name which is very active. I have a feeling that he has somehow forgotten the name I am looking at. If I jog his memory he is very likely to renew it and redirect it to his currently developed site. Apart from that, I think he would want big bucks for it, which I don't have. I was therefore hoping to go in through the back door, so to speak.

I was wondering if anyone has managed to convince NSI to drop expired names, although I am not hopeful.

Cheers

NSI is real good at dropping their customer's names, but good
luck trying to get them follow their ICAAN mandate. Like DNF said,
a SnapBack or NW is probably your best bet. I contacted a guy
and offered him 500.00 for a domain that was expired for a few
months. He said forget it. I placed a Snap on it and picked it up
a few months later when it finally dropped. Sometimes you never
know. :)

H

hyperi0n

Thanks for all your replies guys......I guess I'll just wait.

Cheers

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have asked NSI for an expired name once if I was able to buy it directly from them and they just did not reply at all.:mad:

One of our customers is a large (very large) publishing company. They have seveal thousand domain names - currently with a number of registrars - and are consolidating. Most of their domains were - at least originally - registered with NetSol.

They were interested in a name that had dropped at NetSol and was about 8 months expired. They were able to get the name by asking to register it in writing, with their legal department sending in the letter. The name never dropped, and they paid the standard NetSol registration fee. The original owner's contact information was junk.

This was not a copyright issue, there was no UDRP decision involved or anything - they simply had a wild-hair and wanted this domain. It's still not used (recently transferred to us), and will join their domain portfolio for possible future use.

It can happen, but I think you need to have some juice - or some good luck - to get them to listen.

-t

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom