Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NSI tries to rip off via Certified Offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi ,

I got an email from nsi.com asking me to make Certified offer for genetics.com

Here is what I wrote to them , and their response :--

Hello, I have received email from you asking me to make certified offer for genetics.com This domain expires on 10-dec-2005 and is owned by a very large Pharmaceutical Corporation who may not sell it for even millions of $. Then why I am being asked to make an offer for it ? Is this a new way to make money for NSI who will charge non refundable fee of $19 for each certified offer. Please let me know. Thanks.......

Their response :--

Dear ....

The purpose of the email you received was to inform you of the Certified Offer Service, a Network Solutions service which will allow you to make an instant offer to buy an already registered domain name. For more information, please visit http://www.certifiedofferservice.com/.

Thank you for choosing Network Solutions.

Sincerely,
----------
Network Solutions Customer Support

Any one else got such emails ?

Thanks,
URLtrader

IWA Meetup

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I just got one from networksolutions.com, and the domain they offered me is what I am after, but I don't think the owner would let it go, I don't plan to make any offer on it.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$19 to make an offer :laugh:
The sad part in tens of thosands that dont know any better WILL ..

Will that be above the tens of thosands that already make offers via who is..

nah

"Additional fees apply for successful transactions"

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok. I got one of those too. I am willing to bet (ok, i suspect) at one time or another you placed next registration rights request on the genetics.com domain, as the name they tried to get me to make an offer on was in my NRR list. Maybe a further indication that WLS/NRR is dead and they are trying to capitalize on the interest you showed in the domain by your NRR request. It would seem useless for them to pick domains at random and spam out emails unless they knew you had an interest in them. Please let me know if I am right or wrong.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NexSite said:
Ok. I got one of those too. I am willing to bet (ok, i suspect) at one time or another you placed next registration rights request on the genetics.com domain, as the name they tried to get me to make an offer on was in my NRR list. Maybe a further indication that WLS/NRR is dead and they are trying to capitalize on the interest you showed in the domain by your NRR request. It would seem useless for them to pick domains at random and spam out emails unless they knew you had an interest in them. Please let me know if I am right or wrong.

You are right. I have genetics.us and had placed next registration rights request on the genetics.com domain.

URLtrader

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, it does seem they got the domains from your NRR list.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whats weird is I got an email from them asking me to make an offer for a domain I sold a long time ago. As of right now, I have no connections to that domain, or the industry the domain is in.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This service is good for snooping out whether a whois email where repeated sends result in no response is alive. An email coming from Netsol might scare up some interest...

sasu

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got the offer too.... they send me a name that I put in long ago through nextregistrationrights.com and that I got with snap :)

sasu

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators