Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Offline filtering tool for domain list

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I always get a list of 100,000 expired domain names from Domainsbot.

Does anyone know any software that can help me to filter the list (e.g. filter all the domains longer than 20 char, .net/.org, contain numer...)?

It is really a pain to do it with my bare eyes.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by pixelman
Does anyone know any software that can help me to filter the list (e.g. filter all the domains longer than 20 char, .net/.org, contain numer...)?

Pixelman, this isn’t the software you’re looking for, but the simple method I use may be helpful.

I go to Domainsbot’s associate site www.localwhois.com and use their free NameSpider™ Search Engine. I’m only interested in deleting soon dictionary word .coms (with dashes, excluding numbers), and so I tick the appropriate boxes.

The timesaving trick comes under the ‘Keyword or Brand’ box at the top, where I make a separate search using each vowel (a,e,i,o,u and also y).

And voila! The dictionary words jump out at you. Most are absolute crap though, lol

If you’re partial to 3-letter .coms, simply select ‘all’, exclude dashes and numbers and search for results of less than 4 characters, and do a separate search for each of the 26 letters.

This may be a very crude way to do it, but it sure saves burning your eyes scrolling down massive lists, and you can then spend more time working out how to grab the best names :cool:

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm actually writing a software for Duke right now that does the exact same thing offline but haven't the time to finish it - too much assignments to finish off last week and this week. Is it something everyone wants? If so perhaps can get it done asap - running on win95 and above and uses quite a lot of ram.

MarkyMark

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1. paste the domain list in a word document.
2. open another word document, then go back to the list document.
3. start recording of a macro.
4. search for ****.com (* beeing "any letter") if you want to sort out 4-letter words.
5. copy the found word.
6. change document
7. paste the copied domain and hit enter.
8. go back to the list document.
9. stop the macro recording
10. edit the macro and multiply the "code" you see (repeat it 500 times), exit edit mode.
11. list all macros and drag your macro to your word toolbar.
12. stand in the "list" document and press your macrobutton in the toolbar and watch word work its ass off for you!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
QUOTE]I'm actually writing a software for Duke right now that does the exact same thing offline but haven't the time to finish it - too much assignments to finish off last week and this week. Is it something everyone wants? If so perhaps can get it done asap - running on win95 and above and uses quite a lot of ram.[/QUOTE]

Omni - glad to hear you are still working on that when you have time. I have 512MB of DDR RAM so I can handle whatever you come up with. For those who didn't know, I asked for a program that would let me enter ALL of my favorite search key words - and keep them stored in the program. Then each morning I could just hit a button and return a list with every deleted name that includes any of my key words.

Would sure save me a lot of time wasted entering one key word at a time and waiting for the search results on each. I have been utterly amazed that no software is already on the market that does that. One vendor said their product used to do it but they took the feature out! I can't imagine anything being more useful.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by pixelman
I always get a list of 100,000 expired domain names from Domainsbot.

It is really a pain to do it with my bare eyes.

Yes localwhois has a software called list detective its free and You can search ofline http://www.localwhois.com/navigation/toolkit/listdetective/listdetective.zip

why don't you just load the list into microsoft access, you can make it jump through hoops in that.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmm... maybe it's not necessary anymore.. your pick :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have Access as part of my MS office suite but I rarely use it. I don't know it well enough to take a long text list - and have it do what I want to do. If it has that capability I guess I better break out the manual and see. I would rather have a program that would go out on the internet, retrieve the latest expired info and then pull out the names I want based on my keywords.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duke my apologies for the delay, figuring out a bug and it'll be done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom