Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Overture type tool to use...

Domain summit 2024

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried a search for "college" on the new tool and compared that to the old overture tool which was last updated in January 2007. The results were identical so now my question is this; Is overture still updating or is DNF displaying old data imported from OVT?

1445829 college online
427140 college
234477 college community
188260 college university
143183 college degree online
89009 college girl
74148 college humor
68513 college football
68115 college degree
61163 college loan

Thanks!

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got this error when I tried to use it:
Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to inventory.overture.com:80 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ) in C:\www\websites\Live\highimpactsites.com\Software\overture\class\html.class.php on line 166

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\www\websites\Live\highimpactsites.com\Software\overture\class\html.class.php on line 166

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried a search for "college" on the new tool and compared that to the old overture tool which was last updated in January 2007. The results were identical so now my question is this; Is overture still updating or is DNF displaying old data imported from OVT?

1445829 college online
427140 college
234477 college community
188260 college university
143183 college degree online
89009 college girl
74148 college humor
68513 college football
68115 college degree
61163 college loan

Thanks!

Hi

I've been using a duplicate of this tool for almost 2 years now and the results have provided me some of the traffic names I've found from it.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Afaik it has'nt updated since Jan on any ovt right?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Getting fileopen errors:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to inventory.overture.com:80 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ) in C:\www\websites\Live\highimpactsites.com\Software\overture\class\html.class.php on line 166

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\www\websites\Live\highimpactsites.com\Software\overture\class\html.class.php on line 166
Damn you, Bill Gates :D

I

impactadmin

Sometimes it will timeout due to the execution time for the script.

This will not be an issue on the new server as we have been experiencing some slowness on this server lately. We will be migrating to a faster server very soon.

Thank you

tomsa

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Concerning this tool, it is currently exactly the same than the one available at http://www.iwhois.com/overture/

Do you plan to allow bulk domains query or to add new features ?

Thanks.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess yahoo got tired of everyone grabbing their data so now OVT, and every other site that was linked to them shows "No Matches" for EVERY TERM SEARCHED. If someone out there can build a subscription based keyword search tool they are almost guaranteed to retire early. Too bad this OVT party ended.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I was a big OVT fan, damn :sigh2:

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess yahoo got tired of everyone grabbing their data so now OVT, and every other site that was linked to them shows "No Matches" for EVERY TERM SEARCHED. If someone out there can build a subscription based keyword search tool they are almost guaranteed to retire early. Too bad this OVT party ended.

Still No matches could be found for your query

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not working...tried cats.com and got no results..

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think its gone. If you try http://inventory.overture.com directly it doesnt work. Same with my tool www.dntypo.com doesn't work as well. Hopefully Yahoo will bring the tool back.

Any others that give some of the same info we can use now?

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yahoo could charge hundred of dollars per month if they updated this tool...silly guys

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators