Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Park vs. Blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimitedEdition

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Six months ago I built a wordpress blog in a (very) niche market. It was just a hobby, had no idea what domaining was at the time. I have consistent, but low readership, however it is growing.

Now that I am getting started into domaining, I parked the domain that the blog was on at Sedo, made about $0.50 in two weeks then realized what I had done was backwards, at least so I think. I just signed up for an AdWords account and put the blog back on the domain and plan to integrate the AdWords once my acct is approved.

My thoughts are a website with content and adwords is the better way to go than a parked site. Does this seem like the right way to go with the domain?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Domain summit 2024

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, there are domains with natural type in traffic, and ones without. The ones with natural type in traffic will earn you the most money by just parking the domain. Once you develop it, the conversion will be much lower.

As a newer domainer, I'm assuming that your domains won't have much natural type in traffic, if any. These can be developed into money makers, but it will take some time. The key to this is constant updates with unique content. Your userbase will increase, and so should your adsense earnings.

DexSmart

Level 4
Reaction score
For anyone who is interested, google actually is a lover of unique content, and updating your blog weekly might be a good succes, you might keep your visitors and increase them. Also grow and boost revenu.

cwsteam.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With Content Sites, value can be built long term.

affordableweb

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Build a blog and try other programs like Amazon, CJ.com, Linkshare, Adbrite and even Payperpost or Blogsvertise for better revenue than any domain parking program. All parked domains count on type in traffic and if you already have type in traffic then why would you want to share it with godaddy or sedo? Maximize your revenue and post your own ads on your own content.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, there are domains with natural type in traffic, and ones without. The ones with natural type in traffic will earn you the most money by just parking the domain. Once you develop it, the conversion will be much lower.

That is absolutely true! I put up http://www.VintageRadio.com this year. It has taken a ton of time and now gets 4K uniques and 6K total visits/month. That is rising. Unfortunately, I made $30 per month (with a forwarded name included) when it was parked. Now, it has made $33.00 with Ad-Sense since June!

With Content Sites, value can be built long term.

I am pretty sure that is right. It is very hard to change peoples habits though. If they have been going somewhere for info or to place ads, etc. it is very hard to get them to use your new service. This is relative to domains and media too. Unless you have something truly revolutionary which almost none of us do. I doubt that the average 'domainer' site with an article or two and ad-sense does much unless the name is fantastic but I may be wrong as I have avoided those.

Getting good names at reasonable prices is very hard today. As a fools advise, buy 2 or 3 good names instead of a bunch of fair names as they all cost the same to renew. Also, avoid the 'next big thing' like the plague. After .com, there is no real big thing.

If you like doing the blog and you are interested in the subject, I would continue it. I am no longer collecting and will be hitting my head on the wall with several more sites. Maybe one will punch through!

Last edited:

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
That is absolutely true! I put up http://www.VintageRadio.com this year. It has taken a ton of time and now gets 4K uniques and 6K total visits/month. That is rising. Unfortunately, I made $30 per month (with a forwarded name included) when it was parked. Now, it has made $33.00 with Ad-Sense since June!

I am pretty sure that is right. It is very hard to change peoples habits though. If they have been going somewhere for info or to place ads, etc. it is very hard to get them to use your new service. This is relative to domains and media too. Unless you have something truly revolutionary which almost none of us do. I doubt that the average 'domainer' site with an article or two and ad-sense does much unless the name is fantastic but I may be wrong as I have avoided those.

Getting good names at reasonable prices is very hard today. As a fools advise, buy 2 or 3 good names instead of a bunch of fair names as they all cost the same to renew. Also, avoid the 'next big thing' like the plague. After .com, there is no real big thing.

If you like doing the blog and you are interested in the subject, I would continue it. I am no longer collecting and will be hitting my head on the wall with several more sites. Maybe one will punch through!

Having a developed content is a long term aim. It takes time and patience to before it can start build up on its own. Parking is the total opposite.
I personally tested several times before this, having an ex parked domain needs like a grace time if you decided to develop it of maybe a few days or more.
Its most probably because Google robots have some sort of bad experience with that particular domain, they went there and only found a bunch of useless codes for advert purpose only.
I also found out that when you start to develop a new domain, you will most probably get a boost before going into the sandbox for a week or two before coming back stronger.
However if your newly registered domain has some sort of history, maybe was once registered before and indexed I detected that there is some thumbs up from search engines as though thye are assuming that your new site is an old site.
Quite an interesting experience that one.
Hope these info can help a bit. ^^

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
same happened too me, when i started blogging i never thought i can earn from my site and some of my friends told me that park your domain you can earn more and you don't need to work for your domain it is like earn , earn and earn more, and i did the same i bought 3 domain name parked with adsense and its earning was zero yes zero, then i started working on my blog and now i am earning from this blog.so with all this i want to tell you make your blog, write some fresh and unique content,do on page and off page seo it is better then adword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators