Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Parking, Broker & BIN Advice - Sedo, Afternic, DomainNameSales

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I've had my names that don't have sites on them parked at Sedo but considering a switch. Revenue has shrunk & I'm very unhappy with some of the landing pages. I noticed on one domain that I used to get occasional offers that the landing page is just a redirect which sometimes is extremely spammy/malware looking... not happy. I haven't had offers on that name via Sedo for a while now & there is no way for people to see it is for sale with the redirect. (I realize that sales fee is 10% on parked BIN names but I haven't done that... yet).

So I know DomainNameSales is popular with many & I have an account with them. I also realize they have closed a number of strong value sales. I'm assuming they may be handling the negotiations instead of the seller directly as that is an option. Which route are you using there if you've had sales there?

Now Afternic, I had added names with them after not listing there for years. For quite a while - most of my names were still pending review but now it's down to 36 pending with support inquiries I made. I didn't see any point of parking there if my names weren't listed. I haven't added buy now prices but just did on a couple of the names (plus floor price) as they have had price requests via the AfternicDLS system within the last few days.

My largest sales & offers have generally been buyers contacting me directly via phone/email. I'm considering adding BIN prices for most of my names at either Afternic or Sedo or DNS. I know both Afternic & Sedo say that is where most of the sales occur.

So which parking, pricing strategy (BIN/Minimum Offer) & sales platform has performed the best for you?

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd update this thread. I did decide to go over to DomainNameSales for parking & have been letting their brokers deal with the inquiries. I don't have BIN prices set up on my names but I may be making a mistake not doing such. I know both Sedo & Afternic recommend it.

Regarding the name I mentioned above that used to get occasional offers but the crappy Sedo redirect landing page screwed things up - I now have been getting inquiries on it almost every week lately with the DNS landing page.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I had the same experience as you.

I dealt on the ORIGINAL Afternic website way back in the early 2000s and did well with it. After they got bought, their service went way down hill, so I switched to SEDO. I had GREAT luck over there too.

When I came back to the game a month or two ago, I started parking my names at SEDO. Like you, I noticed that a lot of my names were redirects to very annoying spammy / malware / obnoxious sites. I asked support about that and HOW could they justify sending a parked domain that was for sale to such a site. Their answer was something like "Oh, you are not approved for Tier 1 parking" or something like that. I IMMEDIATELY switched everything over to Afternic (which is now in another incarnation). I like the AN landers much better. Plus their fees are lower than SEDO, which is attractive for smaller sales.

I try to put BINs on most of my stuff, with the minimum offer. Have not got any hits yet, but only been back in the game for a month or so. . . .

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom