Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Passive Adsense Income - Would you sell your website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a site done in wordpress where I haven't had any updates for some time. However due to its stable ranking and traffic the adsense income varies $10-$20 daily without me doing anything.

I was wondering how much would these sites sell for and have you ever tried successfully selling these type of sites.

I know some may say 10x-12x is reasonable but personally I think that is too low if its a passive income. meaning a site that you just seat on.

What do you think? Would you sell such sites or sell it, get some money injection and build a better site?

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rather than sell, I'd be inclined to get more sites up and running. A passive income can be a great way to build up a good retirement fund or savings account. Go to another bank, open an account, have it direct deposited into that account, and don't touch the funds.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depends on how badly you need the money. I would not sell any of my profitable sites for less than 3-5 years, some even more, unless I needed the money right away. Sites that require updating, maintenance, etc (actual work) I might let go for less if I didn't have the time to keep up with them.

CamMK27

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I could get 100 sites that I don't have to do any updating and anything to keep generating $10-$20 a Day I would never sell them.. I would recommend that if you can build more sites like that and build passive income then do so..

Good Luck..

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
Thanks for the good answers guys, long term planning seems to be what most people here are thinking of. Shows how matured DNF users are. Though I am the probably the sort of people who likes a bit of fun playing with my websites. I'll seat on this site for a couple of months first before I decide to let it go.

Another question, where would you want to sell your sites? At webmaster forums or in DNF's case domainer, it would be indexed and ranked too high. Wouldn't want prefer a private sale to avoid further competition? Flippa is another alternative though the fees is a bit high and due to many spam/scam sites trying to sell BH method adsense sites, the range is going a bit low nowadays. Around 12 month. I would rather keep the site to myself rather than selling at that range.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wussadotcom, I'm not sure about your rankings, but that daily income can still be higher possibly. First or second position for main keyword makes a whole world of a difference, but also your other targeted keywords could be worked on. If you haven't reached the potential of your website, I would rather work on that than a completely new project. Also check if you are using the best ad placements, colors, any possibility for affiliates and so on.

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
Wussadotcom, I'm not sure about your rankings, but that daily income can still be higher possibly. First or second position for main keyword makes a whole world of a difference, but also your other targeted keywords could be worked on. If you haven't reached the potential of your website, I would rather work on that than a completely new project. Also check if you are using the best ad placements, colors, any possibility for affiliates and so on.

Yes, I do agree. I am currently trying to make some simple changes to improve ths site a bit. From my own personal observation, I did a simple change 2 days ago and received around 500+ traffic additional. I think the current ads placement is ok but is there a standard to check for the best ads placement? The only way I think is for me to make changes and tests but as I am too busy with my studies I don't really have the time to optimize it.
If you have a guide related to this subject I would appreciate it.

I did looked into the possibility of affiliates, found a reputable affiliate program that seems to have a higher payout and possibly more than using adsense. But as they are only accepting US based publisher I didn't qualify which is a shame as I have low xx,xxx traffic from the US for that particular site.

Current adsense stats for the last 2 days is $26+. If I can get it min $300 per month I think I would be more than happy. Perhaps as you all suggested try to build new adsense projects during my free time.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
Woah,thats thats pretty nice. Seems like placing at the header is poor. I'll try and put it at the footer instead.
Today the earning is $16+ but still have some more time to go.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Header should be place for your website logo, it's a pretty useless area on a site otherwise.

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
Just a heads up, did some testing and turns out the heat adsense case is not necessarily the same for each website. Seems like the adsense slot at the top besides the logo is among the top earner for my site. You can see it in action at my another one of my site at my siggy also using the same format.

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
Another update, the technique I mentioned before is indeed adding more traffic but in terms of direct traffic, I was a bit confused as I thought direct traffic are traffic when you type at the top of your browser but apparently I was wrong, according to http://actionable-analytics.com/2009/06/direct-traffic-in-web-analytics-is-not-what-you-think-it-is/ there are a few reasons and seems like I managed to add another reason to direct traffic.
Knowledge always surprises me, whenever I learn something new each day the dumber I think I am. Shows how arrogant humans are sometime :)
Also keeping an eye for this site, https://flippa.com/139520-top-adsense-site-100-articles-30-a-day-adsense-and-climbing-investment not mine but would be interesting to know how much will an adsense earner go for. Also why is he selling? The only unstable thing I am seeing here and I am sure why most are not going for a BIN is due to the low amount of traffic.

Cheerio

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Update: my mistake, the seller said $900 per month but actually the current verified last 3 month average is around $500 which means the current BID is approx 20month bid.

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
Hi, just a note if anyone wants to ask for further advice in Adsense:
Hello,
Well I wouldn't say I am an expert in Adsense as I am still learning. But if you really need some quality advice I suggest you read this.
It will help you a lot in understanding how to increase your income in Adsense.
I found this post after I managed to increase and optimize my site for Adsense as I learned that through my own experience.
The case study shows a better view on how to help increase your adsense income.
http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/nichesiteduel/
Cheerio

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adsense=3yrs for a smart buyer, 5 yrs to a newb who didnt realize 3 yrs was the right price.

10-12 is dream land, you can barely get 10-12 for generic .com domains with good ppc.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JP, 5 years is crazy! If you know anyone paying that much I have some great sites to sell :)
On DP you can buy lots of small adsense sites for 10-12 months rev. On flippa established adsense sites can go for 1-2 or 3 years. Of course depends on the domain, site, links, history and age, but 3-4 years is in the very good area - usually to end users who have a product or service in the niche so they can monetize it better than adsense.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've sold most of my established Adsense sites for 30-36 months of revenue. They were not highly optimized for Adsense but rather had a better landing page for real visitors, hence it was worth for the buyer even if they didn't want to gain more popularity, traffic, it was not hard to gain back their investments (I'm in contact with a few of them, and they are satisfied). I like to make fair deals, what I sell will not drop suddenly in traffic, because all are with decent rankings, which doesn't change from one second to another, not even with Pandas and other animals of Google. So yes, 60 months of revenue is a bit of a stretch for pure Adsense sites, but for full blown sites with amazing stats, nice potential for growth and various revenue sources it's the minimum I would consider.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainMagnet, we agree :)

I know of people who invest LARGE in adsense only to see it crumble inside a year due to main. etc. Its imo a risky investment even next to a typo.

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
I've sold most of my established Adsense sites for 30-36 months of revenue. They were not highly optimized for Adsense but rather had a better landing page for real visitors, hence it was worth for the buyer even if they didn't want to gain more popularity, traffic, it was not hard to gain back their investments (I'm in contact with a few of them, and they are satisfied). I like to make fair deals, what I sell will not drop suddenly in traffic, because all are with decent rankings, which doesn't change from one second to another, not even with Pandas and other animals of Google. So yes, 60 months of revenue is a bit of a stretch for pure Adsense sites, but for full blown sites with amazing stats, nice potential for growth and various revenue sources it's the minimum I would consider.

Can I know how do you sell your sites? As illustrated by CureCancer decent profit site sales will always grab people attentions thus more competition in the future.
Historical established proven data shouldn't crumble in just a year time as long as you take the time to maintain the site a bit.
My site isn't a micro niche type of site though so I paid a college dude to add 10 articles for me monthly
Seems to work fine, today with 2 hours to go is

http://i.imgur.com/3Sxqt.jpg

And yes, I still like to use the old Adsense interface. Only using ap3 when I want to see the performance graph :)
I have other local sites that gives me a decent income but when I cashed out the Adsense WU for last month I realized that adsense is sill a nice bonus.
Still prefer to get cash injection from time to time to add to my local websites though. Waiting for a few months before selling the sites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators