Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

paypal not working in my country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
my country is not listed in paypal

is there any other method to send money to members and recieve it

thanks

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gotasale
my country is not listed in paypal

is there any other method to send money to members and recieve it

thanks

No!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Escrow.com is always available.
Some other options like Worldpay, Nochex etc may be suitable.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i registered an account at paypal and choose uk [ not my country ]

i can add fund and send money

is that legal ? or will be any problem out there?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You lied to open an account and you are asking if that is legal? :rolleyes:

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sorry i wouldn't do it

i just cann't figure why it is not available for all

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gotasale sorry i wouldn't do it
i just can't figure why it is not available for all

Since you have asked, there are many firms who do not accept credit cards and orders from certain nations due to very high charge-backs and fraud orders from some countries.

Not sure if that is the reason for PayPal but many online firms do that including several large domain registration firms.

Been there and done that. The several times I sent product orders to some nations (3rd World or in parts of Asia) they were often either lost in the mail and non-delivered - and was unable to collect on my U.S. postal insurance I paid extra for, or charged back as a loss by the bank, sometimes said to be a stolen credit card, or the customer denied placing the order when the credit card bill arrived (but the product was oddly never returned, yet the charge-back allowed by the bank).

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i thought DNF$ will solve this problem as i can buy and sell using them with people from different nations and currencies

but still i cann't turn them at the end into real money as most people here using paypal

i agree with all what realnames said and i myself suffer from the bank as it sometimes blocks a transaction with no reason or explanation

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
Escrow.com is always available.
Some other options like Worldpay, Nochex etc may be suitable.

worldpay is limited also

i tried nochex
looks nice and working for all country but using british pound as the sole currency

let me see

thanks

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You could consider Western Union, but not really practical for very low sales figures (under $50?) due to the fees.

You could reach an agreement with someone on DNF to handle a paypal.com account for you, but this will probably be very messy.

You could also ask a friend or family member in another country to handle a paypal account for you.

If you try accessing a paypal account from an unauthorised country, there is a good chance the account will get frozen.

Darren06

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ikobo.com is one I know people use who cant use paypal.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Darren06
Ikobo.com is one I know people use who cant use paypal.

iKobo sends the person receiving the money an i-Kard (ATM card).

i think many people will not accept that

also the fee for sending 30$ is 2$ which equals 6%

i think alittle high

thanks anyway

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dotNetKing
You could consider Western Union, but not really practical for very low sales figures (under $50?) due to the fees.

You could reach an agreement with someone on DNF to handle a paypal.com account for you, but this will probably be very messy.

You could also ask a friend or family member in another country to handle a paypal account for you.

If you try accessing a paypal account from an unauthorised country, there is a good chance the account will get frozen.

yes i need something practical for low sales

thank you

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Internet fraud is on the rise what with the increasing attempts by hackers using increasingly sophisticated scams on identity and cc information theft and PayPal is only trying to protect itself.

It will be very inefficient for you to sell low ticket domains (below $300) here if you don't have a PayPal business account.

You may want to concentrate more trying to sell the more high end domains costing $1,000+ and go Escrow on them.

The only other quick solution I can think of is you get a trusted friend in a PayPal friendly country to proxy/represent you to the buyer.

If that fails, maybe there are better ways to make money besides selling domains :)

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i asked one of my relatives in USA and CANADA to open an account with their details and address except for credit card

they put my cc details but unfortunately paypal refused the cc:[

although i use it to pay for everything ... my membership , registering domains......etc

i also got offers for my domains around 200$ but i couldn't sell them cuz of escrow fees

thanks DNmole anyway

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gotasale: Your mistake was to use your credit card details. They can probably see which country it was issued in.

If you can receive enough money from sales, you can use those funds to make any purchases and you won't need to use any credit card at paypal (I assume).

But you will have to get the other person to do every single transaction. You won't even be able to check your balance yourself, unless you are out of the country.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dotNetKing
gotasale: Your mistake was to use your credit card details. They can probably see which country it was issued in.

If you can receive enough money from sales, you can use those funds to make any purchases and you won't need to use any credit card at paypal (I assume).

But you will have to get the other person to do every single transaction. You won't even be able to check your balance yourself, unless you are out of the country.

unfortunately they recognize the card from the number not details

anyway this idea of cooperating with someone outside is a bit of complicated thing not suitable for easy smooth biz

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Credit cards although dominant in eCommerce are actually quite insecure and the risk is passed on to the merchant. This is the source of most of the "PayPal problems". I mean if someone has seen your credit card front and back and knows your name and address they can use your card fradulently on the Internet. The credit card companies are now implementing secure verification for online transactions but this is far from universal.

There are alternatives.

1) eGold www.egold.com

2) escrow.com www.escrow.com

3) moneybookers www.moneybookers.com

And there are others.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FineE
Credit cards although dominant in eCommerce are actually quite insecure and the risk is passed on to the merchant. This is the source of most of the "PayPal problems". I mean if someone has seen your credit card front and back and knows your name and address they can use your card fradulently on the Internet. The credit card companies are now implementing secure verification for online transactions but this is far from universal.

There are alternatives.

1) eGold www.egold.com

3) moneybookers www.moneybookers.com

And there are others.

i went through

1) eGold www.egold.com

i went this time to

3) moneybookers

in the begining thought it is very nice and continued and registered with them

at the end of registeration i got this msg

Due to legal restrictions, we cannot accept registrations from residents of xxxxx.
Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience!
:angry:

thank you fineE

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom