Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed petsharks.com?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Redpin

Hello -

New to this board, but not necessarily to selling domain names. I know the domain name craze is well and truly dead, but selling the occasional name for $35-45 is, if not terribly profitable, at least entertaining.

So, among the names I picked up a while ago, is petsharks.com. Short, simple, and applicable to both pet stores - places to buy pet sharks, which are rather popular, and aquariums, natural history museums, etc, where one can touch - pet - sharks.

Unfortunately, there aren't any existing websites about 'pet sharks' in need of a domain name, that I could find. My experiences selling domains on eBay have shown that there's rarely more than one person interested in a domain name, so the trick is to get a starting price that's more than $9, but not unreasonable, and then pray the only, eventual bidder isn't a deadbeat...

So, any thoughts as to the miniscule value of this domain would be appreciated.

Thanks.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some potential here. Maybe if you were a local distributor of sharks in a local area. Might want to try to find someone in this business and contact them directly. Odds are they will pay some money for it just to have an internet prescense. Sometimes people will pay lots of money just to have exotic pets (assuming they are legal).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom