Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed PHPCafe.com and PHPPros.com ? ? ?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just got offered $150 for PHPCafe.com. I think it is worth more, especially with PHP becoming so popular. What do you guys think it's worth? I told the guy I would have to think about it for a day or two.

Also... How much do you think PHPPros.com is worth? Would make a great name for any PHP programmers.

Thanks as always...

Doug Dillard
DotDealers.com

Domain summit 2024

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just looked and the .net, .org, .biz, and .info versions of PHPCafe are all taken. That probably means the domain has some added value I would think???

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Definately worth more, yea. Reminds me I sold PHPCoding.com to someone for $100 a couple weeks ago, I could have probably gotten more out of it, but didn't bother ;)

Originally posted by Dan
Reminds me I sold PHPCoding.com to someone for $100 a couple weeks ago, I could have probably gotten more out of it, but didn't bother ;)

Nice, that's a steal! Maybe, with some luck, we'll see some good PHP content there soon. :)

For what it's worth, I went to a free appraisal site and gave the name next to the lowest ranking in the assessment categories and it still came up as worth $1234.80 US. If you ranked it a little higher you are talking close to $50 g's! But then that is a free appraisal too. Maybe ask for $500.
You can always come down. Set yourself negotiating limits. Lowest price you'll accept - never ask for that amount. Highest price - what you would be happy with no matter what happens to the name later when you have no control over it anymore. Example you sell it for $500 and a week later you see in the paper that it sold for $10,000! If you didn't think it was worth that much then you have no reason to feel sorry for selling it for so much less. If you feel it's worth over $1000 then you should get a professional appraisal done. When you show the appraisal as a bargaining tool then that helps you obtain the price you desire.

Good Luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators