Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Please help with my dot com resale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoriso

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I contacted the brand manager and they are willing to buy. I sent for SEDO premium appraisal (not back yet).

Trademark in USA expired 1994 but business in SouthAfrica is very good according to this 2010 article: http://www.leader.co.za/infocentrearticle.aspx?s=5&c=66&a=2282&p=2

Turnover is R1 billion [$142 mill (current exchange is $1:R7.00) per year].Please help me with price point to work with.

I am trying not to write the domain name down because of search engines but it is the exact company name, no spaces or dashes and .com

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
before you contact anyone with a solicitation to purchase your domain, you should have a price in mind.

also, you should have asked whether the price of a Premium Appraisal is worthy, prior to.

BTW: Exclusive section is supposed to be blocked from SE's, but consult DCG to be sure.

Good Luck!

imo...

Thoriso

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will do that. The price I had in mind is $150 000 but I am in virgin territory and I do not want to appear greedy and piss them off.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will do that. The price I had in mind is $150 000 but I am in virgin territory and I do not want to appear greedy and piss them off.

does greed have anything to do with your pricing methods?

or is price based upon pre-established criteria?

only you know, since only you know the name.

however, if you don't ask for it (your price), you will never get it.

imo...

Thoriso

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
does greed have anything to do with your pricing methods?

or is price based upon pre-established criteria?

only you know, since only you know the name.

however, if you don't ask for it (your price), you will never get it.

imo...

Thank you Biggedon,

The domain is ChickenLicken(...Dot...)com
The brand is established from 1982 its a 29 year old business and I am including the .net .org .co and .us domains in the sale.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
your price seems reasonable, for the package being offered.

hope it goes well for you!

keep us posted :)

Thoriso

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you again Biggedon, can you believe that SEDO appraised $1000 for the ChickenLicken(dot)com domain??

What are those guys SMOKING?? They should contact Charlie Sheen's former supplier and get the good stuff.
I included the above link to the article that clearly states that the brand and the company is not only viable, it is doing well.

I would have expected atleast a $20 000 estimate.

Place Rant here:
There goes my 47euro down the drain. A colossal waste of time and money. Why do they go on about some expert analysis? This expert opinion looks identical to my CulinaryInstitute.co.uk which got a valuation of $1200 instead.

Atleast if you are a liar and out of your depth...be consistently bad. SEDO experts are all over the place.
End of rant:

Thanks again, I am going to politely ask for an offer from them and I will negotiate the price as close as possible to the value that I can see. I hope its not a long drawn out process. I will post outcome if I can. (Unless they ask for non-disclosure)

Thoriso

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The IT department said an emphatic NO to the whole transaction.

They do not want any other domain extension other than the South African .co.za extension. This from a company that wants to expand internationally.
I can't force them to see reason. I hate the fact that small minded people hold back the progress of a Juggernaut. The IT department has the coziest job and they are not as active in building the online brand as they should.

The Google places for all the franchises still remain unclaimed and all the extensions are left unused and poorly utilized.

I will just have to leave them be.

Thank you so my Biggedon I really learnt a bit. Shoot me if I ever hire an IT guy like that.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the IT guy here at my job didn't know diddly squat about a domain name or value.

for two years i lobbied the owner of our company to utilize a domain they owned, which was not being used.

last year i convinced them to park it

the name made more in ppc the first year, than the previous 16yrs of reg fee's at netsol

once the checks started coming, then the IT guys started asking questions about domains

you probably just talked with the wrong person

wait a while......

Thoriso

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just got rid of ChickenLicken.com for $200 profit. I just need to stay liquid. That moron in IT will cry when his boss decides to get the .com and I got rid of it and bought another domain with better prospects, JeanLeggings.com
I am gonna get it appraised and build it up to flip.

I love domaining. It is the biggest rush ever. Basically dirt cheap real estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom