Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Please Review Hangout.com

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My partners and I recently launched a new website, and wanted some feedback and constructive criticism on it. Please share your likes dislikes and overall opinion of the site, layout, and concept. Any marketing ideas, also welcome.

Thanks,
Sid

http://www.HangOut.com/

fpforum

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Needs more content but I think so far, so good. I like the layout and like the domain even more :)

Best of luck..It's gonna be rockin once you get the site filled up with more content!

PS- Just noticed you're from Houston...So am I :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like it. Immediately recognized the name of some local establishments. However, for me the twitter feeds are getting annoying and the Latest Reviews had absolutely nothing to do with the local area. I could care less about a review in Louisiana for some local pub.

You need to determine if you are going local and stay local. I like the fact that the system is basically running a user aware function in identifying where I am and populating your site. For the other feeds, you may need to hook up with Yelp.

Again, keep it all local and regional if that is your goal.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Will take all of this into account as we move forward with the site. Still got a lot of work to do :)

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Soothing on the eyes upon first impressions....nice color selection...showed relevant information for my area.

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...noticed under 'about us' the comma spacing is off and there should not be a comma between dance clubs and venues

could promote it through craigslist for free...

Last edited:

DomainDep.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love the name!

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great domain name.

The logo and layout are a bit odd and maybe could use a bit of work.

I like how the map knows my location and brought up locations near me.

I really like the footer design.

Some of the fonts don't work well together. Example.

Get rid of the cartoonish, generic stock art (About Us, Advertise, etc) and put up ones related to clubbing restaurants, etc.

I like the specials and would be great to be able to sign up for specials and coupons alerts.

The pages formatting doesn't look good. (About Us, Advertise, etc)

How about allowing people to upload their own pictures from the listing showing off their fun night at the club, restaurant, etc?

I don't see a way to share an individual listing.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My take...great name...good concept.

Way too new to have all those ads. Get established first.

Conceptually, people dont hangout at home browsing social sites. Instead they carry their hangouts with them. Find a way to make it niche enough to be more relevent than just using facebook. And make it seamless with mobile users.

And yes make it user eco freindly like profiles and interaction mechanisms.

Not sure a map does it for me.

This name and site could be something big I feel.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My partners and I recently launched a new website, and wanted some feedback and constructive criticism on it. Please share your likes dislikes and overall opinion of the site, layout, and concept. Any marketing ideas, also welcome.

Thanks,
Sid

Hi Sid!

been a long time :)

great domain name for the concept and biz model

I'm sure you got the App for it, right?

I picks up location well, and I could see it's usefulness

marketing idea:
bar rescue, the tv show would be a good hook-up/feed, as the clubs they turn around have updated layout designs, with the latest in av and cs gear.

also, had an earlier vision of 'live' video cams in featured spots, so users can see the "atmosphere", before they go... or vid-replays of when they went.

very nice!

can I get a share?

:)

Good Luck!

imo...

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, we have added share buttons to the individual venue pages, and are in the process of making a few more tweaks. Please keep the feedback coming.

durdom

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. why is the title of your index page description hangoutnow.com vs using hangout.com i know it auto redirects you to hangout.com but why even have hangoutnow.com in the title.

2.The latest reviews should only show reviews in my area why would i care about someone from Flordia or Texas.

3. you should have an option for bars and nightclubs to claim ownership so they can write their own descriptions or maybe a little about their place this way bars can add their twitter and everything else that might help people make decisions to what bars they want to visit.

4. There should be more things for a person to do on this site maybe a gallery they can view pictures taken of these establishments so they can see real people and what their doing.

5. Why does the latest review get cut off with no option to see the rest of the review should be a button that says read more or something of that nature.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. why is the title of your index page description hangoutnow.com vs using hangout.com i know it auto redirects you to hangout.com but why even have hangoutnow.com in the title.

2.The latest reviews should only show reviews in my area why would i care about someone from Flordia or Texas.

3. you should have an option for bars and nightclubs to claim ownership so they can write their own descriptions or maybe a little about their place this way bars can add their twitter and everything else that might help people make decisions to what bars they want to visit.

4. There should be more things for a person to do on this site maybe a gallery they can view pictures taken of these establishments so they can see real people and what their doing.

5. Why does the latest review get cut off with no option to see the rest of the review should be a button that says read more or something of that nature.

1. Thanks for catching this, we were previously using HangOutNow.com as the domain for this site, because of facebook connect problems. Those problems have since been worked out, and we will be removing HangOutNow.com.

2. Latest reviews temporarily show the latest reviews from all locations, since we do not currently have enough reviews to populate for all areas. We are looking into ways of populating this section with local recent reviews from other sites without being hit by duplicate content penalties.

3. Already in the works.

4. In development, along with live streaming cams access, and what beers are on tap for the venues that offer this option.

5. I never noticed this, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Thanks again for all the great feedback and advice. I really appreciate all of the input.

Last edited:

elevatoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But the name HANGOUT seems popular online but I couldn't recollect where where I heard of the name, but if it is your site, ok congratulation for having the name in your hand.
I see everything nice coming towards you.
Cheers.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators