Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

please review my directory, suggestions welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
May need better logo.

Cr3ativity

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I definitely agree, the logo needs tweaking. If you want to brand 1M1.biz you need to show what your website is about in the logo itself. For instance, is there significance behind the green hue or did you use it for aesthetic reasons? Does the font somehow creatively suggest what you're branding? Just to get you started, please visit logopond.com They have a fresh portfolio of....you guessed it - logos. Take a look at the ones you think are unique and "genius" and try to work towards the same goal. Wish you all the best :) If you need help, please let me know. I've designed and submitted logos before - [email protected]

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First, you are to be congratulated for developing a domain. As best as I can tell, few of us domainers do that! I also don't think that it is unattractive although the art deco Broadway BT font makes me think of an antique or vintage website. I sue it for my vintage radio website's logo. The results page is also cramped and a bit hard to read. I don't know if PHPLD's paid version does a better job or not. I use the formerly paid for (and now free) http://www.BOSdev.com script for my links page at http://www.VintageRadio.com. With a little csc and html work, it is a much easier to read and use directory, I think. It is also reasonably easy to integrate it into a custom webpage design something that looks to be difficult with PHPLD.

My real concerns are as to why I am going to use this directory. Unless it is a specialized list, why wouldn't I just use Google? Also, generally, at least, how am I going to learn about your site? To my knowledge, 1M1 is not something that I'd be searching for. Even if it had the .com extension, I probably wouldn't find it without advertising or promotion or generally dumb luck where a link on your site did get some decent indexing somewhere. I am not sure that general links directories are a way to make money (actually, not a forte of mine). Something very unique or highly specialized would be better, I would think.

I am amazed at the shear number of links that you have. Were you able to auto load a list? I manually entered most of the links on my 1,650 (+/-) links page and that was a LOT of work!

Good luck and Happy New Year!

Last edited:

yru

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My real concerns are as to why I am going to use this directory. Unless it is a specialized list, why wouldn't I just use Google? Also, generally, at least, how am I going to learn about your site? To my knowledge, 1M1 is not something that I'd be searching for. Even if it had the .com extension, I probably wouldn't find it without advertising or promotion or generally dumb luck where a link on your site did get some decent indexing somewhere. I am not sure that general links directories are a way to make money (actually, not a forte of mine). Something very unique or highly specialized would be better, I would think.

These kind of directory sites aren't really made for organic search traffic coming in or for ad revenue such as Adsense. Most people develop these and build up their PR ranking and then sell links to people who want to boost their own PR or link count

DNB

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Design looks nice but you should adjust your site to different types of resolutions, your website is very small at 22' monitor.

Google for website resolution test.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like to see a more contemporary up to date look and feel.. their are many multi license use DIR scrips available for little money. .. If you give me a homepage anchor link and exposure.. I will give you a script to use.. that will look more like this...

Inflatable Movies and Inflatable Party Rental.. it will allow you to offer paid subscription bundles ... html... and other cool bells and whistles

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It looks very nice. Clean and simple is the best way to be. Hasn't done Google much harm that I can tell.

A directory site? Does that mean there's ten billion of them now? Why should someone visit yours?

Do something a bit different. If there's something you are really interested in, make a site about it.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators