Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Plz help:weird error xfering from Goddady-->ENOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oceanic

Hi,
I am a fairly new ENOM reseller and I have transferred only about a dozen domains so far, none from Goddady.

I initiated a transfer from Goddady and into ENOM about four days ago and the message showing under Transfer Order Detail has been the same since day one:

"Unable to retrieve current domain contacts from UWhois"

The egg timer thingly is shown next to it so maybe I am panicking for nothing. But the name expires is less than 10 days and I feel I may be running out of time.

I opened a support ticket with Godaddy explaining the situation very clearly (ie Godaddy is the losing registrar, ENOM is the receiving one) and forwarded the error message.

IN response, I got the LAMEST email I have ever gotten in my entire internet experience in the last 15 years or so (I started early, yes)!

"The domain name in question is already with Godaddy. If you are trying to transfer away from Godaddy, please contact the registrar you are transferring to. We have an extensive FAQ where you will find most answers..." What a waste of my typing!!!

Does anyone know what this message means and should I contact ENOM support? By the way, I 've checked the registrant info and it is exactly the same in both resitrar's side, it has been registered for more than 60 days , etc etc.

Can anyone advise me? Prime DNR are you there?

M.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1)I have had this happen transferring .biz and info, when I did not enter the transfer code. Is it biz/info?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, maybe the whois was down for godaddy. Make sure your whois info is all correct

(I think godaddy only tranfers out if the whois info MATCHES...I have heard this...but I dont use godaddy)

Has it been over 5 days? If it did not "fail", and has been over 5 days, it should appear in your account on the 6th day, without auto-confirmation.

O

Oceanic

It's been four days...

The whosi matches on the REGISTRANT.

DOES IT HAVE TO MATCH ALL THE WAY DOWN TO BILLIING INFO?
(I didnt bother to fill out zip code or telephone numbers all the way down)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oceanic
It's been four days...

The whosi matches on the REGISTRANT.

DOES IT HAVE TO MATCH ALL THE WAY DOWN TO BILLIING INFO?
(I didnt bother to fill out zip code or telephone numbers all the way down)

No, I think just the email. But I am not sure, that is just a godaddy thing.

I would give it 5 days (you still have the egg timer, right?). If it does not "fail" it should appear in your enom acct on the 6th day.

If it fails, try again. If it comes down to the wire, renew.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Email enom's support asap - Godaddy's whois does not show your email to their transfer system so you'll not be able to confirm the transfer email that enom needs to confirm you own the domain.

enom also has a special email for transfer problems - shows on on the transfer page I think

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComster
Email enom's support asap - Godaddy's whois does not show your email to their transfer system so you'll not be able to confirm the transfer email that enom needs to confirm you own the domain.

enom also has a special email for transfer problems - shows on on the transfer page I think

Even if you dont get the enom email, it should transfer by default on the 6th day. (since you have the egg timer)

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you finally manage to get the email from enom and confirm it, you need to login to godaddy account and agree with the transfer. Godaddy may "forget" to send you an email advising to confirm transfer-away from them. But they require such a confirmation... at least they required it from me when I transferred a domain away from godaddy couple of months ago

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I heard that transferring AWAY from GoDaddy is a pain in the *** (self-censored). I have never done that before, but even with transferring IN, they require EXACT match of BOTH the Registrant's name and address and the Administrative Contact's name and e-mail.

Try post a thread on http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=35; they have a personnel over there (username: bok) who might be of help.

O

Oceanic

you guys are awesome!

Each and every piece of advice is invaluable! Finally some real help.

I was able to make the the error go away, so now I am waiting for the confirmatory email ---keeping all of your input in mind.

The problem was (are you ready for this??) somewhere in Godaddy's script. It could not read my email which is almost 40 characters long!!! I changed it to a much shorter email address and the error went away (had to re-initiate a xfer)

!!!

O

Oceanic

Originally posted by tonyk2000
When you finally manage to get the email from enom and confirm it, you need to login to godaddy account and agree with the transfer. Godaddy may "forget" to send you an email advising to confirm transfer-away from them.

I see. Will the option to agree with the xfer come up as soon as I login to godaddy, or is it waiting for me to find it in some obscure, hidden corner of the account?

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
confirm the transfer, check the status at enom (should be smth. like INITIATED IN RRP), wait a little and try to locate this request in your godaddy account management. There is "pending transfers" or similar menu inside your godaddy account. You may receive an e-mail from godaddy advising you to do so.
Last time, the domain leaved godaddy as soon as I confirmed it with godaddy (did not wait 5 days)

O

Oceanic

I finally got to the point of needing to confirm the transfer at Godaddy's "pending transfers" submenu (mind you I have spent hours already writing emails, looking for people to help etc).

I am pasting the error message I got:
------------------------------------------------

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/gdshop/account/mngTransferStatus.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools
---------
I am either going nuts or GOdaddy is a large piece of crapolla shaped into what others are made to believe looks like a "domain registration service". My 3 year old niece would run a better service written on her kiddy PC!

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you finally get to Pending Transfer Confirmation Menu at GOdaddy you may get a kick out of what they thought is a witty way to get you to stay:

(menu choice)
"You may DECLINE the transfer away. Their request will be rejected, and your domain will stay with us (thank you!)."

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom