Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Pool Charged Me For a Name I Didn't Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is a new one. I just got a notice from Pool.com that they had billed me $60 for floridalipo.com - the only problem is I never ordered the domain. I would guess it belongs to someone else and was mistakenly put into my account. Anyone else had this happen there? I have written them so it will be a chance to see how responsive their customer service is if nothing else.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, I had it happen last week with helpmemp3.com or some crap like that. I certainly never ordered it, would you? LOL I did have MP3 on my list of keywords that they email to me every time there is updates. Maybe something in that system conflicting? Did you have Florida or Lipo in their Keyword notification sustem Duke.

Anyway I emailed them and they apologized and said they had made a mistake.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke, I thought it was a nice name so I ordered it in your acct. I am sure you will do well with it.

Gook luck with the name.

I am just kidding. I have won a number of names at Pool but I haven't had that problem, yet.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to get back to you. Plus, how long it will take to get it resolved.

Y

_Yakov_

Originally posted by Duke
Here is a new one. I just got a notice from Pool.com that they had billed me $60 for floridalipo.com - the only problem is I never ordered the domain. I would guess it belongs to someone else and was mistakenly put into my account. Anyone else had this happen there? I have written them so it will be a chance to see how responsive their customer service is if nothing else.
Same here

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I emailed them about a registar not emailing me my user name and password. They emailed me back a few hours later and said that they talked with them, and at the same minute.....the registar emailed me my user name. I think their service (so far) is good.

Y

_Yakov_

Originally posted by actnow
Yakov, are you saying they also charged you for the same name?

If so, they have found a way to double their profit instantly. Brilliant idea if they can make it work.
No, I got lawyernyc.com a couple of days ago. I checked and it even didn't have a snap. When adding domains, I check if they have snapbacks on them, and I would order a snapback for domains I add to poll if available.

I thought that that was me who made a mistake... but no, since others have the same problem I went ahead and checked my recods ( I keep lists od domains i go for ) and it's not there.

Just emailed pool.com's support. To me it seems to be a human mistake, not the system.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's make me feel better guys. Glad I'm not the Lone Ranger. What you said about the keyword list is interesting Sharpy (and would seem to indicate a possible system error). Yes, Florida is one my key words (naturally being a Floridian). I hope that doesn't mean they will try to register every domain that has the word Florida in it for me! :-D

If they were to do that they could at least pick better names. FloridaLipo means nothing as far as I can see. Doesn't show up in OT, barely any pages in Google, not registered in any extension. Yeah, that sounds like my kind of domain!

ActNow I thought you had heard about the new double backflip registration clause the drop services have put in. The auctions are working so well for them they decided to try a new wrinkle. They now grab bad domains and put each one into two different accounts (even though the buyers never ordered them). Those two have to bid and whichever guy bids the most gets to stick the other guy with the crappy domain (which might explain the source for all of these crappy domains that show up in the sales threads). :cheeky:

Y

_Yakov_

I messed things up, lawyernyc.com was registered by Godaddy, it explains the fact that I didn't put a snap on it cause it worth a reg fee and I didn't add it to my archived list since the domain wasn't chased by others...

Y

_Yakov_

BTW, pool married nateka aka namesbeyond.com
They are determined to lead the industry in a matter of weeks, imo.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by _Yakov_

They may have arrived ahead of schedule. Just based on the domains I have been following the last few days they seem to be getting more than anyone else already.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I too was charged for a worthless name that I didn't order. After a little consternation, they said that they would give me a $60 credit but couldn't refund the money. Seems like they should do a little better there.

If you use their lists, it is easy to accidentally hit one of those 'ad domain' links. That is my only thought as how I ended up with 'ElectroBits.NET'. Anybody want to start a bidding war for it??!!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by radioz
Ithey said that they would give me a $60 credit but couldn't refund the money.

And you believed them? Of course they can refund your money.

Tell them if they don't refund your money, you're going to do a charge-back through your credit card company.

A refund will save them charge-back fees.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep,

A chargeback will scare most if not all companies :)

Its a good tactic.

Nice one GD

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Radioz,

I think you are probably right about how the name got on the list.
But, when you hit the name, it stops the page for about 15 seconds while it passes the name onto your backorder list.

Or, Pool just screwed up. Which is more likely since they probably have growing pains.

Jon, you and I are up late tonight.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by actnow
they probably have growing pains.

if only that was false :mad:

I meen the growing part.

I coulnt care less about htier pains :-D

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Snap have yet to take them off their front page. :-#

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Then we have something like WLS, but only bidding system! It looks already that %50 out off my list is going to pool every day, think when the % would be something like %75 or %80! That would not me normal.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains

And you believed them? Of course they can refund your money.

Tell them if they don't refund your money, you're going to do a charge-back through your credit card company.

A refund will save them charge-back fees.

Exactly. I have not heard back from them yet but if they try to tell me they are not going to give me a refund for their error I will tell them that I will immediately file a chargeback with my credit card company and they will have te money taken out of their account AND have to pay the chargeback fee.

I'll also let them know that other people have posted in a public forum that this has been happening to them as well. I don't think they want to become known for repeatedly charging people for domains they did not order then refusing to refund the money.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

I'll also let them know that other people have posted in a public forum

If they're as well managed as they are at grabbing names, they probably already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators