Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed popupeater.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joe

This is maybe my best domain, please give it a fair appraisal, appreciateed!

Joe: just when I tougth you could come out with any possible worse names...you have totally and completly amaze me!
this is surely the best contender so far for the prestigious ctorage.com award (previously know as mia miau glu glou)
Guys these gentleman needs help....

Originally posted by Don Giovanni
Joe: just when I tougth you could come out with any possible worse names...you have totally and completly amaze me!
this is surely the best contender so far for the prestigious ctorage.com award (previously know as mia miau glu glou)
Guys these gentleman needs help....

Sorry Joe, but I don't think that you have out done my ctorage .com but close, if you don't mind I would like to hold on to the award for a while and savor it!!

Best of luck to you!

Originally posted by big
[snip]removed in line with above post[/snip]

"BIG"

I saw this and just had to put my two-cents in!!

It is sad to see that some on this site cannot grow up and face the fact that we are all here to exchange ideas and comments towards the creative ideas of others and accepting them in the spirit that should be constructive for all concerned.
Others may agree or disagree but in my opinion you have some serious problems that you should resolve with yourself before you continue as a member here!!

Best of luck to you!

J

joe

My life is OK! My domain s*****!

Live in a small town, dream little dreams, take care my family, play with my 5 nieces and chase domain names.

Night time may be go out have a drink or meet some street drunker friends.

Once I see a pretty girl, always give ger a rose or a poem.

when I am burned out and have to get some sleep, I will pray the lord above to love the world more tomorrow!

Live day by day, dance all night long..
My heart is a star sky waiting for moonlight...

J

joe

Two posts from other board about this domain and concept:

just thoughts.

i think popup eater concept has a bright future. as long as the company match popup's pay rate, there will be planty publishers want to do business with us. from there, we can pick our field to selling targeted traffic, it will be better return than popup ads, there for we might able charge more for our banner ads.

long time ago there was a guy sent to africa to discover shoe market, he called back " there is no market, no one wears shoes down here!" . the company send another salesman to africa, he calls back " ship me ship load sandles, no one has shoes to wear!"

popup has to go!

i want to eat bunch popups!

join me to eat popups, free food for all!

Joe

Ok, I make roughly $2.00 CPM for pop-unders on my page right now. THat is for raw impressions. I only show popups once per session though. I could choose to show them on all page loads, but I would quickly run out of inventory. Advertisers might only pay for 1000 impressions, and when they are done, no more money from it anyways, and you waste popups.

Now, popuptraffic.com pays $3 CPM for popups. BUT, they charge per unique impression, which brings down the cost of the advertising (well, they might still charge full price, but it costs less to pay us). If you applied that same scheme to banner ads, it might be more possible than you think. If you can sell 1000 banner impressions for $2, then only pay a publisher $2 per 1000 unique impressions, you end up paying alot less.

Say you have 10 advertisers that each buy 1000 impressions. you now have $20 for 10,000 impressions. Now say a publisher runs a joke site or something, where a visitor may see 10 pages each. So to equal that 10,000 impresions, that is 1000 visitors. which would cost you $2. That is an $18 dollar profit for that traffic.

Im not saying Joec's idea is 100 percent going to work. But if you figure it right, it could. I think the biggest problem would be finding sites to run your banners, and advertisers to buy them.

exodus

"Big"
I think you have a bad read on the other members here, in that most have the realization that we are in a depressed market along with a very shakey world economy, the expectations of huge profits are not the anticipated return here, but rather as I had already mentioned , this is merely a site to exchange comments and suggestions that may help encourage their own forms of creativity.
Bottom line is that this is just another form of mental masturbation!
Best of luck to you!

better one single good name than a bunch of no good...
try snagging a good expired name
or save your money and buy a real good name on the after-market rigth now there is good prices on good names: perefectname.com webmagic.com lots of desperate sellers ....
objections give you direction...
cheers for a man trying to better himself and his family,,
beside you arealdy won a prestigious award!

abrams1117

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Live day by day, dance all night long..
My heart is a star sky waiting for moonlight...
--------------------------------------
Joe,

Maybe you should be a poet , or write songs. Then you'd have more money for domains.
:)

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PopUpPETER.com is a Poet!

I think you should create a site mascott called PopUpPeter.

Popupeter is of course what else??! a PoUPEaTER! He eats the popups and get a large belly where all the large popups rest uncomfortably. Then PoopuuPeter (or whatever alias you give him) goes for number two and thus a new domain (for the webring) is born, PopUpooper.com.

The sites that end up agreeing to run your banners under the scheme you described are called "PopupScoopers:, and so on..

PS Enough creative writing for me already... hoping one or two of you smiled...while reading :)

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PopUpEater.com

This domain does have a use for popup killing software. And there is a market for such products. As advertising popups become more obnoxious.

Still I would not reg the .ws version

We got pacman before internet, now we have PopUpEater, a new game that will release stress and anger for those who suffer so much from daily pop up ads. Until it is developed, I dunno how much it is worth, cause I no nuffin.com and ain't no smart China man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom