Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

preference in directnic & godaddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PixelOptik

Hello everyone, I posted @ the WHT forum but decided to post here as well. I'm looking to buy a domain by tomorrow, and I'm in a bit of a predicament. I've been looking around and have considered godaddy & directnic (whom I usually buy domains from).

I was considering godaddy because of the lower prices but seems every time Im looking through their "FAQ" section I get reoccurring "The page cannot be displayed" messages which is really frustrating :eek: Godaddy has an easier way of transferring ownership (if I later decide to get rid of the domain) compared to directnic. I have become accustomed to the directnic control panel and I'm wondering how the godaddy control panel works, since I've read a few complaints of how it's really slow at times.

Anyone used both directnic & godaddy and have a preference?

by the way, I do apologize for asking to compare to different registrars, as I'm sure this isn't the first time its been asked. However, I was hoping this time I would get answers that said more than just "so&so is good!"; I'd like to know why it is you suggest or dont suggest gd or dn. thanks :)

Domain summit 2024

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi pixeloptik,

We are a godaddy reseller and have used directnic in the past. I personally prefer godaddy for several reasons:

1) Easy to use interface

2) Easy transfer

3) Better support

I have some issues in the past getting a reply from directnic when I had a name problem. They eventually solved the issue for me but it was like pulling teeth.

just my .02

larry

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
90% of my small # of names (about 100 ) are reg'd through GoDaddy. I've never rec'd an error on any of their pages. I have transferr'd ownership of about 7 names to new owners in the past few mths.. their new system makes for 'a painless' ownership transfer and it's always free. (now it is anyways.. not always in the past) The few times I've sent a customer service Q.. i've always rec'd immediate service.

The only thing I don't care for is their 'auto renewal'.. meaning that the credit card used to reg. the name, will 'auto be charged' upon renewal time, unless you go in and 'deactivate' this feature in your "Name Mgmt Panel"

I've been real pleased with GoDaddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators