Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Pricing Thoughts For New Development.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just started developing my domain FreeInstrumentals.com (It's being developed live, feel free to check it out) And i'm stuck with my pricing.

The MP3's are all free, and being a producer, I always feel like I need to charge more for my product. That being said, the search volume on this domain is high enough to where I can monetize quite successfully with the right pricing for the higher quality audio files.

Currently the higher quality WAV file is $9.99 and the Stems(Tracked out) is $29.99...

I am considering coming down to $1.99 for the WAV and $4.99 for the Stems. Seems quite low, however, the domain says it itself, free. So I figure the quality upgrades being so cheap would make for a great and easy upsell..

Any thoughts??

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the site, looks very cool. I like the tracks too.

But...search volume for a term that includes "free" may not be all that important. Think kids and skint chaps.

Your current prices seem reasonable to me.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the site, looks very cool. I like the tracks too.

But...search volume for a term that includes "free" may not be all that important. Think kids and skint chaps.

Your current prices seem reasonable to me.

Thank you!

What do you mean when you say "But...search volume for a term that includes "free" may not be all that important" ?

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I mean these people are not buyers...they're looking for free instrumentals

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I mean these people are not buyers...they're looking for free instrumentals

I was deep in the industry for well over a decade, so I agree to an extent. A majority of the type ins for "free instrumentals" will be seeking the free ones, sure, but the reason they search for the free ones is because producers are charging an arm and a leg. Some producers ask a minimum of $100 just for a simple license, upwards of 1k-2k for a premium license or even exclusive. Me, i'm giving the mp3's away for free and only charging $9.99 for a high quality wav file and $29.99 for the stems which is 20-100 times cheaper than 99% of producers are asking. Rant being over, :), thats why I was inquiring about dropping the price on the higher quality stuff. Maybe I'll find out over time

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the reason they search for the free ones is because producers are charging an arm and a leg. Some producers ask a minimum of $100 just for a simple license

In that case, free seekers may indeed be buyers.

Your chances to rank high are very good, judging from the current rankers. Besides, it seems your domain is aged.

I would add a lot of text (pages) and optimize for SE using Yoast plugin for WP.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're absolutely right! I've been racking my brain for text content, might be time to bring on a content writer:)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom