Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Promote Your Website Using Digg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While Digg.com may not be quite as heavily visited as sites like Myspace and Facebook, it provides an opportunity for any webmaster to generate free traffic and links to his or her website. First off, let me state that it is very possible to get thousands of hits in just one or two days using Digg. However, do not expect this rush of visitors to be overly profitable – at least not initially.

Digg users are almost all technically savvy, meaning they most likely will not click on your ads or purchase your products. That being said, if your website offers a truly unique or useful service, users from Digg (or anywhere else) will bookmark your site and return often. Recognize that the initial traffic generated through Digg.com will most often bring more costs (hosting & bandwidth) than it will revenue. Nevertheless, Digg.com can be a huge help to your marketing strategy.

Let's start with the basics: Digg is free for anyone to use. You can submit as many pages from as many sites as you wish. Don't get too greedy though, as Digg does ban accounts which only submit pages from one or two sites. Your best strategy is to submit pages from your sites, PLUS other interesting pages you find around the web. Use long, descriptive keywords in the title of your Digg entry and link it back directly to your site.

The benefits are as follows: Digg pages often get highly ranked in Google. When visitors find the pages you submitted, they can easily click through to your website. This gives you instant traffic – anywhere from a few visits per day to a few hundred. Secondly (and almost more importantly), having your website linked to in Digg pages helps Google index your site very quickly.

Last fall, one of my new websites got into Google 36 hours after I created it, and all I did was submit a couple pages to Digg. I was getting 100-150 targeted visits to this website everyday, right from the beginning, only because of Digg.

The method is simple – go to www.Digg.com and sign up. Submit pages to your website(s) and other interesting pages you find around the web. Whether your pages make it to Digg's homepage or not, you will receive valuable benefits from using this free and effortless website.

Domain summit 2024

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Digg is BEST for getting links. The traffic sucks as Michael said but the traffic you get as a direct result of links you get from your digg story is pure gold.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Spamming Digg is the best way to: a) crash your server b) get "buried" for spam.
So unless you do have content to send out, don't do it.

wilfra

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are there any other sites like Digg that you can submit your content to and get traffic and links?

Also what did the poster mean by 'the traffic you get as a direct result of the links you get from Digg are pure gold'

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are many social bookmarking sites out there, just do a Google search.

As for what the OP meant, when you Digg a site, people who are on Digg may go to your site. While a lower end user digging their own site may generate a handful of clicks, someone who is well established with Digg can generate a couple hundred easily.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are a bunch of Digg users who bury everyone's site except for the ones in their little group. They submit and promote their own sites to the front page but not others. There have been several articles about this and Digg was supposed to fix the calculation of promoting sites to the front page.

chimeara27

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i used that site to earn some extra traffic because of its millions of members.

stevee1644

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi..i am a digg submitter to and i like it too because some of my back link came to it and also to facebook and twitter..social networking websites are really useful when it comes to SEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators