Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Quick question - sold a domain

• Thread starter President Gringo
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

President Gringo

I just sold a domain that is being held on registerfly. The new owner wants it transfered to idealregistry.com

I had a quick look on their site and can't seem to find any information on the transfer of a domain from them. Anyone know how i go about it and the cost?

Thanks

prez

Domain summit 2024

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IdealRegistry is an Enom reseller (I own it). But it sounds like you are saying two different things. You say the domain is held on Registerfly, then you say you want to transfer the name from IdealRegistry. So where is it and where do you want it to go?

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by Duke of Earl
IdealRegistry is an Enom reseller (I own it). But it sounds like you are saying two different things. You say the domain is held on Registerfly, then you say you want to transfer the name from IdealRegistry. So where is it and where do you want it to go?
I think you mis-read it........i want it to go from registerfly to idealregistry.

DarkestWeb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think I've got this right. The person you sold it too will have to initiate the transfer from his registrar and most likely pay a fee. You will need to a) make sure there is not a registrar lock on the domain at registerfly and b) approve the transfer when you get the email.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The buyer at IdealRegistry can just log in tohis account and put in a transfer request for the domain. When you get the email asking for approval of the transfer just OK it (or change the contact info on the domain to his and he will get the email).

As with ALL transfers from a registrar to a different registrar he will be billed for an additional year that will be added to the expiration date on the domain. The transfer should be completed within a week depending on how fast or slow RegisterFly is.

Incidently, should you need it again, the transfer information is all in the Help section FAQ. Just click on Help on the front page. It is all there (These PDQ sites are designed by Enom and we can do very little to modify them).

P

President Gringo

cheers dukey. I had a quick look at the site (registerfly), but only found info about transfering to them.

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by darkestweb
LOL did he just call you dukey :)

yup, thats the little pet name i gave him :) (could be worse, could be dukey wookey :laugh: )

and thanks for the previous post darkestweb, missed that for some reason.

P

President Gringo

ok...........how the hell do i unlock a domain at registerfly?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You will have to ask Registerfly that. Incidently I just got an email saying a transfer request for one of my customers was refused because the domain was locked at the current registrar. That must be yours. At most registrars you can just go in your control panel and unlock the domain. That's how it works at my site - no fuss no muss. They could be different though.

Incidently that business about them only telling you how to transfer in - that is typical of most registrars - and very annoying in my view. They don't want to give you any info on how to get your domains AWAY freom them! It's really not a big deal though as you just have the buyer put in the transfer request. Of course you do have to unlock your domain first.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great. Now we have BigFart, and Dookie. Getting smelly in here....is this the namedump????:upset:

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by Duke of Earl

At most registrars you can just go in your control panel and unlock the domain. That's how it works at my site - no fuss no muss. They could be different though.

not mine :(...i'll contact them.....thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators