discussion Rebirth of a TLD

This is a general discussion thread revolving around the a topic of the original poster's choice.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
First let me start by saying, ".LINK is no worse than .COM" We already know from a very reliable source that it's no worse than .xyz, but that's beside the point. I plan to be lecturing at a local University later this year about the domain industry. My focus will be on the aftermarket, a 3-5 Billion dollar industry that Verisign says is "hidden in plain sight to the detriment of businesses and consumers" Here's the backup story behind Verisign's comments; https://blog.verisign.com/domain-na...om-price-caps-were-passed-along-to-consumers/

As an entrepreneur and businessman i tend to seek opportunities that are "hidden in plain sight" similar to my binge buying of of the relatively new TLD .LINK. While I may not own the TLD Rebirth.link, i see where Dan.com is attempting to sell Rebirth.xyz for an incredulous $79,888, and Rebirth.com doesn't even "link" to a website.

For anyone who hasn't noticed, link is not just a keyword according to Go Daddy, it's also one syllable that unlike .xyz (three syllables) doesn't pass the infamous radio test;)

I need to head to the gym, but I'll pick up on this later.
i hope you appreciate my willingness to share my knowledge of the makeover of a TLD. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
A good friend Bob Hawkes said this about .LINK;

"I had not heard until your post that the new owners of .link had been announced, finally. Good to hear one is a successful domain investor. In my view .link was by far the most valuable of the auctioned TLDs from the former Uniregistry. I hope the new owners will manage the TLD well."

This was 60 days ago, and ever since I've been binge buying .LINK domains for my portfolio. Also i have it from a reliable source that the unveiling of the new .LINK will occur in the next 60 days so the binge buying continues....stay tuned ".LINK is no worse than .COM";)

Anyone care to discuss the potential for .LINK to become a major league TLD?

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
where do your ideas for new domains come from?........God? Jesus? Muhammad? Buddha? I'm keenly aware that mine come from "My Savior". So i decided that I might want to write an ebook about My Savior, and that I should have a corresponding domain. I first checked to see if my first choice MySavior.com was available but sadly it wasn't...it actually takes you to Vatican.va that believe it or not is actually the Vatican;) Then I try MySavior.org, MySavior.net and even MySavior.xyz and they're ALL spoken for . So as a last resort my personal savior has me check to see if MySavior.link was available and VOILA!

I'll have to say i don't know what i'd have done if it wasn't available for most of the really good .LINK domains are gone😢 While a few hundred names that i had on my buy list like Hurricane.link, Camping.link and Banker.link were all available to register this time last week, sadly they're ALL gone now. At first i was pissed to learn someone else had registered all these .LINK domains, but then it dawned on me that it's a good thing.....for me that is. I hope some of you were smart and savvy enough to listen👍

Top Bottom