Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

register 2 letter domain names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's incorrect...

You can register 2 letter domains, but they are all taken in COM/NET/ORG.
BIZ and INFO don't support 2 letter domains (3 letters or more only).
CO.UK don't support 2 letter domains, but they do support 2 character (eg A1.co.uk) and also 2 digit (eg 33.co.uk).

Other TLDs vary - .CX even allows 1-character domains!

sponk

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmm... i tried registering a letter domain today through enom and it showed up as available. So I went through the registration process and in the end when I hit "Purchase", it gave me an error saying "Cannot Proccess Order" and "Invalid Domain or Nameserver". Well, the domain can't be invalid cuz its 2 letter and showed up as available and regarding Nameserver, I didn't even enter any of that info and it's supposed to use enoms standard nameserver those dns*.name-services.com... So I went to NSI and it showed available there too. So I tried registering it through NSI and the order was completed successfully. Just when I went into the control panel it showed 0 domains under my account, which is weird. Also I checked my bank account and it shows a $172 credit. I mean wtf is goin on, a domain doesn't cost $172, or does it for a 2 letter?

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can not register single letter domain (dot com, net org ) - 2 Charchter and 2 letter can be baught here, or you can learn how to pick them up yourself, before WLS comes along ;)

All registers get domain availability from the centeral registery - best to double check at www.internic.com when in doubt.

Enom is good with clients money, but it takes a while to learn their ways.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sponk
hmm... i tried registering a letter domain today through enom and it showed up as available. So I went through the registration process and in the end when I hit "Purchase", it gave me an error saying "Cannot Proccess Order" and "Invalid Domain or Nameserver". Well, the domain can't be invalid cuz its 2 letter and showed up as available and regarding Nameserver, I didn't even enter any of that info and it's supposed to use enoms standard nameserver those dns*.name-services.com... So I went to NSI and it showed available there too. So I tried registering it through NSI and the order was completed successfully. Just when I went into the control panel it showed 0 domains under my account, which is weird. Also I checked my bank account and it shows a $172 credit. I mean wtf is goin on, a domain doesn't cost $172, or does it for a 2 letter?

There are some weird things going on with .org domains still at the moment, it will be interesting to see how things work out - I got a .org yesterday that was shown as taken 3 days ago! I also am awaiting a domain I have a snap on that appears to have been in total limbo for 24 hours - it's the new improved formula!

No difference in reg charge for a 2-letter unless it's on a bidding site like Namewinner.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can try mw.org, it shows availabale in enom, but You can`t register it, it dropped yesterday, and now it`S reserved, I think this name will never again availabale for registration

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.ORG is definitely seriously messed up at the moment.
I wouldn't be surprised in the next year if calls come for someone to take over from PIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators