Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed Revenue generating diretcory website... PR4/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohnhoward

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm selling a website that has been around for about a year, has links, has an alexa ranking of 900k ish, liste don most engines, but I have not had the time or inclination to promote it and reap the rewards that I intended to gather.

The site is www.hostfindercentral.com and is a directory based pay per click search site for web hosting companies and affiliates.

The site generates income in three ways
1. Web companies register to get listed and bid for top placement in the directory.
2. The site uses searchfeed to pad out the results for all listings. The site gets paid up to 50% per click any searchfeed links clicked on.
3. Advertising and affiliate programs supplement the revenue streams.

I started to redesign it a couple of months ago but didn't manage to finish 100%. I'd say about 98% done. It gets around 100 uniques a day from different sources and links... and it's just sitting there doing nothing at the moment yet it has a Page Rank of 4 and has been up to 5.

The sales comes with all files and graphics, domain name, scripts and whatever is on the server.

I can prove stats if needed. I'm guessing it's worth around $800 - $1200 but I'd be happy to haggle with anyone who is interested.

PM me or post any questions and comments here. First in , best dressed.. it will be sold

I am wantingto get rid of it

weeps

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where is the traffic coming from...

I've checked backlinks on various search engines and most are coming up with nothing (like google for example the important one) or like a max of like 2 different domains which link to that site..

Can you post a picture of your stats aswell as a one showing your refferers (and if search which terms were used)?

Has the site ever generated any income? Can you prove this..

bigjohnhoward

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys
Standby
I will post stats and pics of links etc. Revenue generated at searchfeed and some affiliate programs.

Revenue off the top of my head since Nove,ber is around $300 or so with no promotion at all.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also, is this a custom designed script or a pre-packaged one?

bigjohnhoward

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The script is the latest smartsearch search script.

Below I have made a link to a page of traffic stats for the site. I will be taking more snapshots of stats over the next few hours so bear with me.

Revenue, it makes about a dollar a day from searchfeed and picks up an occasional affiliate(CJ.com) hosting referal now and then.

Traffic stats:
http://www.hostfindercentral.com/statss.htm

Please let the whole page load to see all the screen snapshots.

Thanks you to those who have made kind offers and exchanges for the site..... will just hold out a little longer to see if there is something more suitable for me at this stage.

Thanks

weeps

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can I see the daily stats from january aswell as its list of refferers. Thanks.

Stats from oct to dec are somewhat old as sites can lose popularity fast.

I have a feeling that something is not as it seems from doing a few more searches. Can you say.. pink?

bigjohnhoward

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that Jason. If you are referring to the fact that one of the domains that has been used as a redirect to the site is a related to the movie pink panther then yes we can all say pink and as you rightly say sites do lose popularityif neglected.

All I can say is that the site still gets decent traffic, maintains its page ranking with google of 4/5, and has a decent ranking with alexa.com of 900K ish.
I'll get the stats for you

weeps

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bigjohnhoward
Thanks for that Jason. If you are referring to the fact that one of the domains that has been used as a redirect to the site is a related to the movie pink panther then yes we can all say pink and as you rightly say sites do lose popularityif neglected.

All I can say is that the site still gets decent traffic, maintains its page ranking with google of 4/5, and has a decent ranking with alexa.com of 900K ish.
I'll get the stats for you

Basically what I was saying is that most of the traffic comes from this expired domain that you reg'ed and can be taken away at any time.. meaning after the sale you could cut the sites traffic down to nothing in a second.

bigjohnhoward

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thsi site must be sold this week to make way for ne wsite.

Highest bid pm'd to me by Firday night will win....

Start with $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators