Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Reversing A Penalized Site

diskwizz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a website that I believe may have been penalized by google.

My 2 questions are this.

1) How do I find out if it indeed has been penalized?
2) Who do you contact to go about getting such things reversed? Is there a company/person out there who can investigate the site and try to get all issues removed?

Thanks in advance.
DW

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Use webmaster tools and see if they've detected any spammy links. Then disavow those links.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a website that I believe may have been penalized by google.

My 2 questions are this.

1) How do I find out if it indeed has been penalized?
2) Who do you contact to go about getting such things reversed? Is there a company/person out there who can investigate the site and try to get all issues removed?

Thanks in advance.
DW
Some rss feeds on my sites pick up content automatically. I am sometimes contacted directly by those asking that I remove their content. I do remove.

diskwizz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could you please expand a bit more on what you mean Beards? Which webstools and how would I know a spammy link from a normal link?

Thanks again.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Get a new Domain and save the headache...

diskwizz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree Icedude. The problem its its my business with many of those being repeat clients. My business also has a great reputation on Tripadvisor.
The domain in question is www.algarve-365.com and a couple of years ago I managed to get hold of www.algarve365.com (without the hyphen). I was going to transfer the pages across to the non hyphen domain and just put a forwarder on the hypehn domain to the new one. However I was told that would be bad andcarry any penalty across to the new domain. At the end of the day it looks like ill have to keep it and find a way of getting the penalty removed. Was just hoping for some constructive way of being told how to do this rather than risks using people who got it into this mess in the first place.

DexSmart

Level 4
Reaction score
Check websmaster tools and if you got a message from Google with unnatural backlink work start disavow and wait 1-2 Google updates to recover your traffic. You can do the disavow manual.

diskwizz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Check websmaster tools and if you got a message from Google with unnatural backlink work start disavow and wait 1-2 Google updates to recover your traffic. You can do the disavow manual.

Thanks for that. Just logged into webmaster tools and that is showing no errors anywhere. Maybe just better SEO is needed and I havent been penalized?

DexSmart

Level 4
Reaction score
The last Google update hit a lot of websites traffic without sending any email notifications to people !

If you need any help, just let me know,
Matt:)

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have lost a significant percentage of organic search traffic overnight than you've likely been penalized. You can check to see if on that day there was an algorithm update that was rolled out. Try and figure out what the penalty was for so you can go about trying to fix the cause of the problem.

ISPCircle

ISPCircle.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We concur with Shane's advice - Google Webmaster tools will allow you to discover and disvow any spammy backlinks.

jannetx

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Type website name in Google search box. if it does not show in search results then it is the indication Google penalized your website.

krishnanayak

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello there and thank you for an incredible post. I truly simply cherish your post. I will bookmark it and returned for additional.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators