Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Seeking a review, and advice, for our new site, GameDayLive.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please review our new site, GameDayLive.com.

We have a twitter feed so that has live sports tweets, and a live scores plugin.

We rotate the home page based on what the main games are for that day,
so today - Monday - we show NFL on the home page because of Monday Night Football.

What I want is live video but I can't find out how. Ideally, live NFL clips.
Is there any plugin for that? The clips could be part of an affiliate link for NFL subscriptions, but how to
have the live video of some kind?

We have live scores but live odds would be cool, and live commentary from sportcasters also -
how can I get those two things?

Basically, anything live is what we are looking for. Live, and free :)

- Kevin

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
David,

Thanks for the tip - I had one ad only, that was accidentally put in an iframe that was already on the site. I fixed it; thanks!

Its not a gambling site, no gambling links. Just game chat, and scores.

Thanks again,

Kevin

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know how Google looks at 'gambling' websites, but you have a list to the right with live scores in an iframe. Within that iframe, there is a link to Bet 365 enticing me to get up to 60 Euro's in free bets. This can easily be misconstrued as a betting website by Google and I would highly consider removing that. I am unsure about the regulations of offering AdSense along with betting affiliates, that is something you should look into (or someone else can clarify that).

One thing I know for sure, keeping an AdSense account is important if you have other developed niches. Once there is a ban because 1 website, you're out for quite a while on all your websites, if not forever.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would personally try to add a frame at the top with the scores of all the major games, this might keep the eyeballs on the page a bit longer.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not in this niche, so I couldn't recommend any pre-made plugins. However, I know if you use a freelancer site you could get someone with the knowledge of scraping the results of https://www.google.com/#q=american+football+scores (Google's scores, though don't know if they're live as I don't watch football and don't see them updating) or a website from there that has live scores. I would say at the maximum this would run you $100 as IMO it's a very simple thing to do with PHP using CURL functions and stripping tags. It would be even easier and cheaper if they had an RSS feed. Quite possibly even with beginners knowledge of PHP you could do it yourself as there are XML parsers built in to some PHP builds (http://jp1.php.net/manual/en/simplexml.examples.php) that work excellent.

Using either of the methods will yield more eye catching results as you can come across as an authority website, rather than a branded image or plugin that may be out there.

I've programmed both before for the movie niche (what's new, ratings, etc. as well as what's in theaters by zip code, times in which they start, etc.). However, it's best to have more than one IP address using this method (which can only be accomplished by using CURL to get the XML feed or raw HTML data to sift through) to not get banned (depending on how many results you want updated and how frequently).

The site looks better without the betting on there and I'm glad to see it gone if you want to monetize with AdSense as one site can take down your entire account if you break their ToS. If you find the revenue isn't so great with AdSense, I would do A/B testing to see which model works best for your niche as I haven't tested it before, but seems more lucrative with a revenue share model with high traffic.

Appreciate the DNF and good luck! :)

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Site continues to have a strong CTR so am reluctant to change much on it.

I prefer not to do scraping.

The NFL approved the site but only after we removed a link to a streaming company. So we re being very careful:
no streaming, no gambling, and no odds on it.

Looking for links - anyone want to trade one of my domains for some good PR links? PM me - what kind of domains do you like?

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
20% CTR is freakin' awesome. If I could manage that I'd be making over $1,000 per month on my site. Keep up the good work and continue pushing traffic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom