Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

developed Selling InfiniteProfiles.com, its technology, and user database of over 425,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Asking $40,000 - This is a very large established website that is very well known in the AIM community. Two years revenue is appropriate

Contact info: [email protected]

Selling InfiniteProfiles.com, its technology, website, brand, and user database of over 425,000 users. InfiniteProfiles began in early 2001 and quickly became one of the Internet's most popular free profile services. . InfiniteProfiles is our flagship site and you could say, we were saving the best for last. This site is our most profitable, has (by far) the most users, and has unlimited potential for growth. In 2003, the site profited nearly $20,000 and ran itself. Infinite's new owner will see substantial return on his/her investment by marketing new offers to the site's existing users, increasing the rate of which users upgrade their profile to Gold status, and by simply bringing more traffic to the site. InfiniteProfiles.com's current Alexa rating is 119,287 however it has seen much better. This site needs a new owner who will continue to capitalize on its userbase and make even more money in 2005!

InfiniteProfiles.com's basic profile service is free to all AIM users. The basic service offers unlimited text, visitors tracking, colors, additional pages, ability to link to friends' InfiniteProfiles, and much more. The gold service, which is a free upgrade, offers a countdown timer, guestbook, quiz feature, news, jokes, and best of all - no ads in users' profiles. A user reaches gold status by simply registering to win great prizes from our partner, SurveyNetworks. SurveyNetworks then pays us $1.20 for each user who enters. With our current userbase of 425,000+ and only 21,000 current gold members, this gives you the opportunity to email the basic members, and either force them to upgrade or entice them again. At $1.20/each - this is substantial revenue every month not to mention what you could potentially get if just 2% of the basic users you email upgrade (2% of 400,000 = 8,000 x $1.20 = $9600). In 2003, SurveyNetworks paid us over $16,000. In 2004, we have not marketed the gold service as we should and revenue has been less. We also use Infinite's member base to promote some of our other sites instead of generating the great revenue it once did. To familiarize yourself even more with the service, visit the site and create a free profile and see for yourself. The site is very slick and promotes the signup process - that's why we have as many registered users as we do.

InfiniteProfiles.com currently generates a profit several ways. Our main source of revenue is through our partnership with SurveyNetworks. Each time a user wishes to upgrade their free profile to our free gold status, they must enter to win one of SurveyNetworks' contests - for this, SurveyNetworks pays us $1.20 per user. The second revenue stream is on the signup process when ReturnPath's service is built-into the first page (seeking a user's old email address). For each user who provides ReturnPath with their old email address, ReturnPath pays us 18cents. There are other revenue opportunities like these that could be implemented throughout the site. Banner ads (468x60 and 120x600) appear on almost every page however as low as ad rates are these days, very little revenue is generated through these. One final source of revenue is our small text ads at the bottom of basic users' profiles. We can use these to promote an affiliate program which pays us, sell them on eBay, or promote on of our other websites. Thousands are displayed monthly and this can bring in several hundred dollars.

Future revenue opportunities include bringing new users to the service, marketing other products/services to existing userbase (emails, profile ads, my account area promotions, etc.). When a new user signs up, an email is sent to them asking them to verify their account, you could highlight your other websites or perhaps a partner in this email and generate revenue that way as well. The possibilities are truly endless and with this already developed site and userbase, it should make it a lot easier for you to just think of new ways to make money.

Asking $40,000 - This is a very large established website that is very well known in the AIM community. Two years revenue is appropriate

Contact info: [email protected]

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Accepting offers lower than 40K - PM Me your offers

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please Note Offers must be above $25,000 - This site makes $20,000 a year and is a gem. The Reserve Price is $40,000 meaning we can decide to or not accept your offer. THis is not an auction.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
"In 2003, the site profited nearly $20,000 and ran itself."

Is this profit or revenue?

PhilipB

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I remember I used that back in the day :)

GL with your sale, great site indeed!

tm3500

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In 2003, the site profited nearly $20,000 and ran itself. How much did the site make in 2004?

Hey

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oooh i've seen that site before it was ran by that crunked.com guy I guess he sold it .

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't have #s for 2004.

the site has 425k people signed up. It has a nice system that can be nicely upgraded to make money off those 425k people along with the new signups. It's a virally growing business just with its huge userbase. Each new customer advertises the site for free.

Go to www.metareward.com it has incentivized offers ranging from $.30 to $30. You can email these users daily until they upgrade themselves by doing the survey.

You can make much more than we currently make. You can also put ads in people's profiles.

You can also do coregistrations which we currently don't do. People are paying $.03 for opt-out. I bet 1:3 people don't bother opting out

smoothlime

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How many unique visitors per day?

Alexa ranking = 125,980 .... that means no more than 3k unique visitors per day.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the interest guys. Site is still up for sale

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
"In 2003, the site profited nearly $20,000 and ran itself."

Is this profit or revenue?

Could you please reply to my question above? Thanks.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Taking offers above 25K but 20K is the absolute lowest. Looking to close the deal soon . 25K reserve

impulse

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am interested in buying it, but why are you selling it if you just bought it from crunked.com in the past 2 months?

What are the hosting costs? Any other expenses?

- Eric
Bored.com

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Impulse,

No reason. Our staff likes to stay on one topic which are webmaster related sites. The site is truely a gem. I'll get you all of the information you have requested.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This would be a great adition to your sites, Eric.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
expenses are $275/month

Edit: $300/month sorry

impulse

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why did you buy the site if it is not good fit for what you do?
How many hours a week does it take to run the site?
Could I take over the existing webhosting account so I do not neeed to move it to a new server?

- Eric
Bored.com

Jeff said:
expenses are $275/month

Scott.Mc

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fryman04 said:
This would be a great adition to your sites, Eric.

Yes it would.

"expenses are $275/month"

What are the current server specs?

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry it's not $275 but $300/month

We are paying $300/month for a dedicated server from Rackspace. This
includes 100gigs/bandwidth which you won't need with just this site. It's
using around 20-30gigs/month. We could have them cut back bandwidth and
probably get the cost down in the $275 range for a 1-year contract.

They are 100% reliable and that's where our other servers are. We don't have
anything other than InfiniteProfiles hosted on this server and that's why
it'd be real easy to just give you the whole server and transfer everything
that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators